Dawn of War 3! - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 11:05 PM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

I like the way Dow2 has gone, but there are some changes that have really irked me from the beginning and might be a problem to me if they continue in that direction.

First of all, the squad based crap. F@^$ skirmishes! Were's my hundreds of marines on screen clashing with thousands of orks or my army of dreadnoughts piling in and tearing things apart in a big cluster crap of combat. I know Relic is trying to streamline DoW into a more CoH kind of game, but I wish they would stick to the Big Battle concept, like a Total War kind of DoW game. xD

Second, RPG and MMO elements can be nice at times, but dont deviate from the RTS genre DoW was made for and the fans that joined because of that. Last Stand was a fun concept, but it did not make the game or keep it going for as long as it did. I'm a bit iffy to on how there turning the heroes and such into more game similar variants of heroes in CoH online. Special abilities and level ups, ok thats nice, but dont let it ruin the game because of that kind of thing and dont make that the sole focus.

Lastly, the storyline has been going downhill for a bit and the campaign there turning into a WoW quest repetitive kinda thing which they need to get away from ASAP. If its not going to be interesting, important, or entertain the player in any way, then why put it in? -_-

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 05:29 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

DoW 3 huh? I personally was disappointed with Retribution. It seemed half assed and rushed. 10 lvls? BS. Hell, the appearance of the gear on the characters didn't even change when the player gave them new armor. It only seemed to be a few weapons.
I liked DoW 2 and Chaos Rising a lot better. And now they're coming out with a DoW 3? I hope they don't fuck it up. I really do.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 07:30 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Jackal View Post
You're whining a whole lot, but Firestorm over Kronus has a much bigger scale than any of the mainline Dawn of Wars. Please be more informed.
How is that whining a lot? I just said I think that mod is a pile of crap when it comes to over the top battles and yes, I am informed about it. Other wise I wouldn't be saying anything about it. In other words, re-read my post. You've completely missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDreMisterxX View Post
I like the way Dow2 has gone, but there are some changes that have really irked me from the beginning and might be a problem to me if they continue in that direction.

First of all, the squad based crap. F@^$ skirmishes! Were's my hundreds of marines on screen clashing with thousands of orks or my army of dreadnoughts piling in and tearing things apart in a big cluster crap of combat. I know Relic is trying to streamline DoW into a more CoH kind of game, but I wish they would stick to the Big Battle concept, like a Total War kind of DoW game. xD

Second, RPG and MMO elements can be nice at times, but dont deviate from the RTS genre DoW was made for and the fans that joined because of that. Last Stand was a fun concept, but it did not make the game or keep it going for as long as it did. I'm a bit iffy to on how there turning the heroes and such into more game similar variants of heroes in CoH online. Special abilities and level ups, ok thats nice, but dont let it ruin the game because of that kind of thing and dont make that the sole focus.

Lastly, the storyline has been going downhill for a bit and the campaign there turning into a WoW quest repetitive kinda thing which they need to get away from ASAP. If its not going to be interesting, important, or entertain the player in any way, then why put it in? -_-
Exactly what I am talking about.

Last edited by ThatOtherGuy; 06-25-11 at 07:47 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode