Favorite Console? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 02:04 AM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

SNES. Super Bomber Man, Street Fighter 2. many, many, many hours burned between those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 02:20 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
I direct you to the following article.

http://www.gametab.com/news/3726031/

Miyamoto himself doesn't think it will greatly out preform current systems out there.
with the price of high def Graphics cards, if they made a system that was only on par with the PS3 or worse, the 360, they will not gain superiority over the 360 or PS3 with just their new controller. they already flopped with the wii with hardcore gamers from having poor graphical power. currently, Gaming is reaching its peak of graphical power, its not there yet, but its getting very close. the Wii wont get people to buy their new console for just the new controller, and Im sure they know this. they said in the interviews that they do not know how much stronger the game will be, but you have to remember, that they are probably taking into account COMPUTER graphics aswell, which they will probably be on par with. But with the, how many years has it been now?, and as that interview states, it would be odd if they kept the graphical power at the level of shit of the failbox 360.

remember: the 360 runs on only 2 cards that were outdated when put into the 360 at launch, let alone now. the 360 does not have true HD even. the PS3 is closer to true HD graphics, but neither of them can process DX11, which, the Wiiu, will more then likely be able to.

I am assuming, that the Wiiu will probably have something equivalent of the Raedon HD 5xxx series, as they are down to about 100 canadian now, and FAR, FAR outclass the 360 and the PS3.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 09:03 AM

playstation 1 is my all time favorite, i played my favorite game on it

Final Fantasy VIII in addition to other final fantasy games on ps1
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 02:13 PM

Ps3 Is my favorite gaming console, Ps3 Games Graphic are Awesome..
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 04:41 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Hmm, if we're talking strictly about gaming consoles then ... Neo Geo.

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:14 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Nintendo64. I've had pretty much all the consoles up to when the Xbox came out, at that point I swore my life to PC gaming.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 08:43 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only true answer is the SNES. Because Plok was, and still is, the best platformer to ever exist.

Ever.

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 09:20 PM

Turnip86's Flag is: England

N64, loved it and still have no idea why I got rid of it all those years ago. Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Rogue Squadron, Lylat Wars (Star Fox)... hell even Pokemon Stadium were all awesome games. Ocarina of Time is still awesome and I actually downloaded it on the Wii a couple of year back. Only problem is my Wii is still in the UK and my parents stole it.

After the N64 I reckon the NES followed by the ps2 are my favorite consoles. The NES was my first console and I spent hours on Mario 1 2 and 3, Snake Rattle and Roll, Megaman 1-3, Castlevania, Gremlins 2, Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers (was actually and awesome game) and others I really can't remember. ps2 was great because of GTA3, Vice City and I suppose San Andreas too, FFX which I spend far too long playing. Oh, and who can forget Fire Warrior

Nowadays I have a ps3 and while the games are fun it just doesn't have that spark, I guess nostalgia, to really make me want to play it to death.

Other than that I've been pretty much a PC gamer since college when I built my own PC and yes graphics are great on PC but there's still something about it that makes console gaming that bit more fun.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 10:45 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am another for the N64.

I too played it for ages when growing up and still have my Pikachu edition in my room still. I wheel it out every so often and at first people were like WTF? when I suggested playing games like Bomberman 64, Lylatwars and Super Smash Bros. Nowadays it is now really popular.

Nothing beats playing 4 player Lylatwars when we all just blast the shit out of everything!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 10:57 PM

Thornin's Flag is: United Kingdom

Playstation 1 for only one reason. It was my first experiance of Final Fantasy VII and due to that reason PS1 wins

Last edited by Thornin; 12-14-11 at 02:37 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode