Favorite Console? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:11 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

once the Wiiu comes out, you all know your getting it, playing it, and enjoying it, as it will blow, graphically, the xbox and the PS3 away, as the only things they will really have to offer over the wiiu will be their 'exclusive' titles, especially the failbox which titles probably will not be that good, post Gears 3.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:23 AM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
*cough*peopleneedtogoawayfromthestupidconsolesandd osomethinginnovativeorbuyapc*cough*
innovative = WH40k? or being on Heresy? That's innovative, right?

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:27 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by arumichic View Post
innovative = WH40k? or being on Heresy? That's innovative, right?
well i was more referencing Nintendo's innovations they always pull, despite it not always working for them, Microsoft and Sony only cash cow other peoples innovations to try and make money off it.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:30 AM

jfvz's Flag is: Australia

Never owned a consol in my life, computer all the way

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 04:44 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

For me it's a toss up between the SNES and PS1. Mainly due to the fact I love RPGs and both those systems have the RPGs that made history.

Games like Chrono Trigger (re-released twice), Final Fantasy IV (re-released four times), VI (re-released twice), and VII (teased re-release every year by Square), Wild Arms, Suikoden I and II, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Best Zelda game ever), Alundra, re-release of Lunar SST and Eternal Blue, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and others make these two systems amazing. Add in Metal Gear Solid, the Megaman and Megaman X games, Castlevania SotN, Tactics Orge and Final Fantasy Tactics, Resident Evil, the Armored Core Series, Super Mario World, and Donkey Kong Country and you have the 2 best systems ever.

After those 2 systems I'd put my next favorite console as PS2. What it lacked in RPGs it made up for in great action games (Resident Evil 4, God of War I & II, Continued Legacy of Kain Series, and the continued MGS series). Good stuff.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 07:21 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Nintendo 64 all the way.

Not only was the first console I ever owned but it had a number of the greatest games I've ever played. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye 64, Perfect Dark 64, Rogue Squadron, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Cart 64, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Paper Mario and so many other great titles.

I still remember beating Ocarina of Time for the first time. The rush of that last boss battle, the joy of finally beating and yet at the same time feeling sad that it was over. Never in any other game have I felt those same feelings, not even in the Zelda games that have come since.

Then there were all the multiplayer weekends when me and my friends got together and play hours of Mario Cart, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and whatever other multiplayer games we rented.

Oh how I miss those days... Thanks Nintendo for a great console and all the great memories.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 07:32 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wii ftw...

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 07:52 PM

Zer0's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd have to say NES since I burnt up a lot of my youth glued to Megaman. After that, it'd be SNES for the same reason (Megaman X) and then PS3. Not a fanboy or anything; I wound up with a PS2 for free and then upgraded.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:28 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
once the Wiiu comes out, you all know your getting it, playing it, and enjoying it, as it will blow, graphically, the xbox and the PS3 away, as the only things they will really have to offer over the wiiu will be their 'exclusive' titles, especially the failbox which titles probably will not be that good, post Gears 3.
I direct you to the following article.

http://www.gametab.com/news/3726031/

Miyamoto himself doesn't think it will greatly out preform current systems out there.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 09:49 PM

The PC, though the SNES sometimes draws me away. There's just sooo many good games for the PC, and it's library keeps getting larger. Where else can you get Baldurs Gate 2, Planescape, X-Com, Civlization, and so many other great games?

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode