The 6 most Ominous trends in video games - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 01:01 AM

As always, there will be good and bad examples of this. It doesn't invalidate DLC. It just means they have to put effort into it, like anything else.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 12:01 PM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

Without DLC, I would have never been able to download Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape for Resident Evil 5, so I'm all for DLC.

The only thing I hate about it is when a Developer leaves content on the disc, then charges you to unlock it and calls it DLC. It's not being downloaded, it's being unlocked. There is a difference you greedy Devs!

The multiplayer idea certainly does not work the entire time either, and usually they lag like crazy. Bioshock should never have had multiplayer and it lags like crazy. On the other hand, I loved the multiplayer in Assassins Creed : Brotherhood.

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 07:12 AM

I want more single player focused games with much more added depth and more creative games like think outside of the modern video game trend such as LA Noire
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-23-11, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon View Post
Without DLC, I would have never been able to download Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape for Resident Evil 5, so I'm all for DLC.

The only thing I hate about it is when a Developer leaves content on the disc, then charges you to unlock it and calls it DLC. It's not being downloaded, it's being unlocked. There is a difference you greedy Devs!

The multiplayer idea certainly does not work the entire time either, and usually they lag like crazy. Bioshock should never have had multiplayer and it lags like crazy. On the other hand, I loved the multiplayer in Assassins Creed : Brotherhood.
Well you have to pay the price for DLC. DLC has pros like the ones you mentioned but will always have that "unlock syndrome" that is used to get $5-10 from the consumer.

I think a good solution to this is what DICE have done, they have an already made map pack, but you get it for free if you pre order it
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-24-11, 06:37 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophawtdog4411 View Post
I want more single player focused games with much more added depth and more creative games like think outside of the modern video game trend such as LA Noire
Finally I no longer feel alone anymore. Have played alice madness returns. Thats good example of what I want in a game. A nice long story to follow and plenty of crap to find along with (dare I say) some imagination and thought put into it.

Though many bash it as a god of war clone Dante's inferno was a pretty good game and if youve ever read the book it will only make you enjoy it more. Well except the last 1/4 of the game there it seemed a lil rushed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode