The 6 most Ominous trends in video games - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 08:53 PM

Yeah, it's a shame, Nintendo sometimes makes bad decisions, but they at least have some originality, despite the accusations of just pushing out bland sequels, where they offer more innovation again over the competitors. We'll see with the Wii U. Its retarded name and out there concept are a risk, but it could pay off very well.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 08:59 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

I dont know, the 'concept' if used right by third party developers, which seem to be working towards it already, seems very solid, aslong as they dont limit the new pad controller to only one per console, as THAT would be stupid.

and their accusations of pushing out bland sequels is probably referencing Zelda and Mario being... well how many titles do they both have? but their game styles are almost completely unique to nintendo, so its not suprising that they keep selling well and nintendo keeps on its coarse of those games steadily.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 09:07 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Jackal View Post
Entire point nullified by not liking Final Fantasy III and liking COD.
Who said I didn't like Final Fantasy 3?

And shooting people isn't fun? You think your points are any more valid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-16-11, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post

Much better games for shooting people then CoD are out there, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Bad company 2, and soon, Battlefield 3. yes, I like tanks

My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
I could argue with a few things here, like everyone trying to be the next big CoD, as CoD SUCKS, its become a cash cow after MW1, which SUCKED but everyone wanted to play it. And Battlefield didnt 'copy' CoD persay, they did take the looking down sights, but which game ultimately did that first, i wonder? I cant even remember, but i do remember that the whole looking down the sights was a huge hit and everyone copied it.
You might not like CoD but that doesn't change the fact that it is the top selling franchise of the current generation. Developers want that, to have the top selling franchise of the generation, the name on the game doesn't matter.

Plus when I talk about "copying" CoD I'm talking about the game as a whole, not an individual feature. CoD: MW1 is the game that everybody has been copying and improving on since the time of it's release.

Quote:
the wii introduced a casual market with motion controls, biggest mistake ever IMO. and it made Sony and Microsoft go apeshit crazy to mimic and improve it.
There were plenty of casuals in the gaming market before the Wii. All the players who only picked up a Madden or Fifa for example. All the Wii did was give developers a platform that would allow them to pump out an unfathomable amount of party games.

Motion controls, if done correctly, are actually very cool.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
You implied it.

Quote:
And now you're putting words in my mouth. Shooting people in CoD isn't very fun. It can be very fun in other games, as about a score of FPS's in my collection attest.

post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
You might not like CoD but that doesn't change the fact that it is the top selling franchise of the current generation. Developers want that, to have the top selling franchise of the generation, the name on the game doesn't matter.

Plus when I talk about "copying" CoD I'm talking about the game as a whole, not an individual feature. CoD: MW1 is the game that everybody has been copying and improving on since the time of it's release.

and still, its one of the terrible games, that people play for god knows what reason, its a terrible game that sucks the big one so much, it does not have the silly humor of the old school shooters like Duke Nukem (not the newest one) and everyone is copying a somewhat similar design because they are all moving into "modern" warfare and giving us ironsights. Battlefield > CoD by miles, but CoD is more popular to retard gamers who cant work in a party who want to be able to dive down and regen their health after taking a FULL clip of bullets to get up after a few seconds to take another clip, and go on their 'sprees' and 'kill streaks' which is the only thing that CoD really has over the battlefield series...

There were plenty of casuals in the gaming market before the Wii. All the players who only picked up a Madden or Fifa for example. All the Wii did was give developers a platform that would allow them to pump out an unfathomable amount of party games.

no, the casuals who played those games were here and there, and some who played those games were still 'core gamers' to consoles more or less. it was the introduction of the Wii that brought the 'casual' retardism, where games have to be 'easy' to be 'casual'

Lime colour donotes my... corrections.

My armies.

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
Billions of flies like shit. And likewise, millions of people like shit. The tastes of the majority are, well, tasteless.

Quote:
'Improving'.

Quote:

This, however, I actually agree about. It's a shame that so few developers really took advantage of this. I imagine the Wii U might be the same, with a few stellar examples then a general laziness will set in from the developers.

post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
and still, its one of the terrible games, that people play for god knows what reason, its a terrible game that sucks the big one so much, it does not have the silly humor of the old school shooters like Duke Nukem (not the newest one) and everyone is copying a somewhat similar design because they are all moving into "modern" warfare and giving us ironsights. Battlefield > CoD by miles, but CoD is more popular to retard gamers who cant work in a party who want to be able to dive down and regen their health after taking a FULL clip of bullets to get up after a few seconds to take another clip, and go on their 'sprees' and 'kill streaks' which is the only thing that CoD really has over the battlefield series...
That just makes you sound like a Battlefield fan boy, as opposed to looking at what I'm actually saying.

I'm not saying that the CoD franchise is the BEST series out there, it is far and away not. I'm saying that CoD is the highest selling franchise of this generation. We could talk all day about which shooter is better but you can't argue against CoD selling more copies then any other game, shooter or otherwise.

Developers and publishers want to be number 1 in sales. Making a great game is one method towards that goal, the other is to copy the game that is number 1 in sales.

As to your second point:

Quote:
no, the casuals who played those games were here and there, and some who played those games were still 'core gamers' to consoles more or less. it was the introduction of the Wii that brought the 'casual' retardism, where games have to be 'easy' to be 'casual'
If you're measuring "casual retardism" as games being made easier to be more accessible for a wider player base that did not start with the Wii. That has been happening since the days of the Super Nintendo. Super Mario World is WAY easier then Super Mario Bros. due to the save feature. FPS games replacing health packs with auto regen and games having different difficultly setting all happened before the Wii came out. So did Auto save, and unlimited continues.

The only thing the Wii did was remind people that they could play video games as a group as opposed to an individual. As a result we got a large amount of party games on the system. Games were already easy by this point.

Your "corrections" look to be nothing more then opinions that don't actually argue against the points I was trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Jackal View Post
Billions of flies like shit. And likewise, millions of people like shit. The tastes of the majority are, well, tasteless.
I'm not a fan of CoD by any means, however the top selling franchise must be doing something right.

Last edited by Wusword77; 06-17-11 at 04:48 PM.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-11, 04:45 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know there are better games than CoD for shooting people - Project Reality, Arma2 (soon to be 3), Battlefield3, But CoD is still damn good fun.

In the same way that I enjoy eating chocolate when relaxing, despite knowing it does fuck all for me, I enjoy playing CoD.

Oh, and for all "BF" you're suggesting as being a better Team Based Gameplay, I can tell you're not talking about Battlefield2, Vietnam, BC2, or BC2:Vietnam. Just because there's a semblance of orders and bullet physics, that does not mean that it's squad gameplay. It's an arcade game that takes itself more seriously than CoD.

Like I said, CoD is just House of the Dead at the Bowling Alley. And, if it wasn't fun, if it was complete and utter shit, like you were saying, there wouldn't be so many sales. Using an analogy of a foodstuff for another species merely highlights your ignorance and the complete and utter irrelevance of those points you make, mate. No other way to say it.

CoD isn't everything it could be - but then again, it doesn't pretend to be a military simulator. It pretends to be an arcade shooter, and does very well at that, and has a multi-part, intereactive blockbuster-esque storyline, which I like for different reasons than Medal of Honor - and of the Two, MoH's storyline is far and away the greatest I've played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode