Pics of the WiiU - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Default Pics of the WiiU

Pictures below: It looks like a 360 and a Wii had a love child.

Controller:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 08:36 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks amazing. May actually be the first good, non-gimicky thing Nintendo have produced since the '64

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 09:15 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Microsoft is pushing TOO heavily to try and gain casual gamers.

Sony is a decent mix.

Nintendo is doing their usual thing, going in a completely new direction. I am hopeful for this console though, i do need to get a full spec reading though to see if its going to be good or not. as they have a controller finally, and they have what looks like a pretty damn good idea going on for the controller, and they stated it will be 1080p graphics, but is that going to be mock 1080 like the 360? is it going to be low res 1080p like the PS3? or is it going to be current PC quality 1080p physics and graphics quality?

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 09:54 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Looks amazing. May actually be the first good, non-gimicky thing Nintendo have produced since the '64
I actually love the wii. I play all my FPS games and rpgs on the PC, so the wii is something fun I can do with my kids and play awesome platform games on.

It's also got some of the best drunken party games since international track and field.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:41 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
I actually love the wii. I play all my FPS games and rpgs on the PC, so the wii is something fun I can do with my kids and play awesome platform games on.

It's also got some of the best drunken party games since international track and field.
WII bowling and mario kart brilliant party games, though i have to admit i have become addicted to frizbe golf on the ps3 move, gonna give my buddies a kicking on it at the weekend

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:50 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Wow... A week ago I saw this and laughed at the idea but seeing that new Wii system makes me wonder if those guys are just ahead of curve.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 09:17 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I do have news about this. According to most speculation that may not be what the final Wii U looks like. Most people who saw it thought Nintendo were being so secretive because they have not yet found an industrial designer for it yet.

As for the specs. These were known a while ago and the geeks at IGN did build a mock version. And found that it could run Crysis 2 at full graphics, for a PC at a comfortable framerate of over 60 a minute.

Defending the wii. It is not really a gimmicky console. What did makeit gimmicky was all these crappy 3rd party companies that developed rubbish shovelware that was reallyhashed made. Something the 360 is currently suffering from because of its Kinect. Which I predicted around this time last year.

Plus party games on Wii whilst drunk is probably one of the most hilarious experiances known to man.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 12:49 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
Plus party games on Wii whilst drunk is probably one of the most hilarious experiances known to man.
Aye. That they are. Of course a good Wii Party Game plus a group of friends always equals good times. The inclusion of alcohol is merely increases the fun.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 07:54 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Yes, our local pub has bought a wii to play in the pub, the results of which are truly hilarious. Two 40 year old men, plastered out of their minds swinging the remotes around trying to do the boxing. one of them punched himself in the face. Hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-11, 07:59 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you can get people up for it, warioware is awesome for a night after the pub.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode