Dust 514 Bis suprise from Sony (EVE online Players Read) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
It's going to fail hard, Sony will kill it as sony don't care about security, they already had a massive hacking problem before the hackers decided to push further and take account details. You couldn't play a game online without hackers being everywhere and it'll be no different with Dust514.

I used to play eve and I was hoping Dust514 would bring me back into it in another form but not I highly doubt it.
If Sony didn't care about security then they wouldn't have pulled PSN down to repair the problems. To be fair to Sony, anything that is connected to the Internet is able to be hacked, ANYTHING. Plus once a way is found to hack a system it can be easily hacked again by the same method until the breach is repaired, thats why Sony took their networks down.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the game and I really want to try it. Might actually get me back into MMO's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 05:46 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wusword77 View Post
If Sony didn't care about security then they wouldn't have pulled PSN down to repair the problems. To be fair to Sony, anything that is connected to the Internet is able to be hacked, ANYTHING. Plus once a way is found to hack a system it can be easily hacked again by the same method until the breach is repaired, thats why Sony took their networks down.

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to the game and I really want to try it. Might actually get me back into MMO's
Yes but Sony brought it on themselves, they constantly accepted a high level of hacking exploiting in their online games because no one was paying, where as Xbox Live dealt with hacking exploiters as soon as they where raised.

I don't trust sony, I used to be a playstation guy but their online service has always been second rate.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:17 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

It won't come on PC, what a shame. I would play it although I'm not good in FPS. I love EvE and EvE universe.

Look at this if you have not, it still far future but looks awesome:
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Yes but Sony brought it on themselves, they constantly accepted a high level of hacking exploiting in their online games because no one was paying, where as Xbox Live dealt with hacking exploiters as soon as they where raised.

I don't trust sony, I used to be a playstation guy but their online service has always been second rate.
Yeah, because nobody hacks on Xbox

People hack XBL all the time, the difference being that Microsoft watchs so they can ban people (who just make another account anyway, cause Microsoft loves money).

Secondly hacking something like kill streaks is VASTLY different then what had occured with Sony's PSN problem.

The simple fact of the matter is no one has felt it's worth the time to Hack something like XBL. If the hacking community felt it was worthwhile it would have been done, just like what happened with Sony.

PSN's issues are a result of Sony poor subsidery management and bonus structure, as their branches were built to be rivals rather then friends. Rather then have SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) build their infrastructure SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) desided to do it, because if it worked it would give their CEO a nice bonus. PSN could have been much better then XBL, it's a shame really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode