Star Wars the Old Republic - Page 71 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #701 of 705 (permalink) Old 05-09-12, 08:45 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

All seem so quiet here now, i warned people to not think this overly hyped game is something new. Friends that had Guild of about 60 players are all but gone, many other Guilds that i have been in touch with over the last 10 years in MMO gaming have stopped playing this game.

Most amazing post was from EA about declining subscriber numbers:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...s-leaving-game

And especially this:

Quote:
EA's games label boss Frank Gibeau told investors last night the 400,000 subscriber drop was the result of casual gamers declining to subscribe to the MMO after going through a "billing cycle".
I never understood that they were aiming then at HC crowd either, game was totally made for casual play. Game is not challenging at all and even casuals are leaving. Wonder were are the hardcore defenders that game had on release here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #702 of 705 (permalink) Old 08-01-12, 06:56 PM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

EA have just said Star Wars: The Old Republic is going free to play

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #703 of 705 (permalink) Old 08-02-12, 02:21 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

It was only matter of time, warned even here on this thread earlier about this games weakest aspect and how long will it propably hold players, but of course was shut with few diehard defenders.

I talked about single player aspect many times in an mmo game, unfinished and totally idiotic PvP system, closed environments and others. Of course none didnt listen cause posts like "omg this is one of best games ive played" guys made others too to buy this. Wonder how many of these guys are really playing. One of worst MMO games ive played in 12 years, there has been better MMOs with 10 times lower budget.
post #704 of 705 (permalink) Old 08-02-12, 04:19 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Hmm. Guess its a good thing I never got around to buying this

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #705 of 705 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 03:49 PM

Some of the initial class stories were interesting (though the trooper's was nonsensical, the counselor's gave you no reason to care about the major npc, and the knight was a reskinned version of the first movie), but the gameplay was pretty lacking, and after the first arc of the class stories the quality of the zones really went down.

I find the ftp structure rather odd, since you can play to 50 for free (and thus easily get through the quality parts of the class stories), but restrict the terrible grinding aspects of the warzones and whatnot. You'll have to pay to play the really horrible parts of the game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode