Dail Mail supporting product placement for MW3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Dail Mail supporting product placement for MW3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...b-attacks.html

Quote:
An ultra-violent computer game which features explosions and scenes of destruction on the London Tube and at the Houses of Parliament is to be released later this year.

Supporters of those affected by the 7/7 suicide attacks in July 2005, which killed 52 people, called for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to be banned.
The game's trailer, which is described as 'inappropriate' for children, depicts military helicopters, rocket launchers and black-op style soldiers in balaclavas.
Scroll down for trailer

Mimic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 depicts the derailing and explosion of a Tube carriage - a chilling echo of the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London

Chilling: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 features a Tube train as part of its war games

[IMAGE OF BLOWN UP TRAIN]
Loss of life: 52 people were killed in the suicide bombings in London in July 2005

Call Of Duty 3 has not yet received an age certification and shows soldiers running through the streets of London with machine guns while bombs explode and buildings tumble to the ground.

Big Ben is clearly visible as are police cars and a London bus amid the violent scenes.

In one particularly vivid shot, an armed soldier on a truck cuts in front of a Tube carriage, derailing and causing it to explode.

Other scenes show aerial attacks on New York and grenades exploding on the streets of Paris and Berlin.

[IMAGE FROM GAME]
City of terror: Black op-style commandos appear in the game running amok on the streets of London

[IMAGE OF BLOWN UP BUS]
Devastation: The bus in Tavistock Square, London was destroyed by a terrorist bomb on July 7, 2005 and 13 innocent people were killed
The game, which can be pre-ordered for 45 and will be officially released on November 8, has a voiceover saying: 'It doesn't take the most powerful nations on earth to create the next global conflict, just the will of a single man.'

Vivienne Pattison, spokesman for campaign group Mediawatch UK, said: I have concerns as these games are hyper-real and take place in a landscape we are familiar with. In light of the fact we have just had the 7/7 inquests, it is in incredibly poor taste.'

One reviewer at gaming website kotaku.com described the latest instalment in the Call Of Duty series: 'Players take on the role of an SAS operative who is tasked with stopping a delivery of weapons of mass destruction at a London dockyard.

'A gun battle ensues, and the agents are chased through the London subway. The mission culminates with a series of unmarked trucks exploding in front of the House of Parliament, releasing a deadly chemical agent.'

Activision, who make the game, said: 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is a fictional action game aimed at mature adults and set in World War Three. The scenes in the game are entirely fictional and are not intended to recreate any historical events.'
These fucking monkeys make me giggle.

Funniest thing is - there's no bomb, and there's no explosion. And there's no 9/11 style attack, there's a blown up Ruski Helo falling into a building, AND the Freedom Tower is the only standing building aside from the Empire State.

Still, I don't remember too much complaints over the assault on Whiskey Hotel a couple of years ago.

PLACE RESERVED FOR FREE PRODUCT PLACEMENT/SALES GENERATION MAGICAL DOODAD MATRIX THINGAMAGIGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 02:49 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

cool a game set in london, thats awesome!! with a bit of luck MOW4 will be set in yorkshire, of course no one other than a yorkshire man would be able to complete MOW4 because they simply wouldnt have the stones required!

MOW4 Rise of the Flat Cap bastards

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Modern of Warfare 4? Awesome. Or is that Medal of Warfare 4?

You can't see me mate, but I am having a right old belly laugh. Like tears in my eyes, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 03:15 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Modern of Warfare 4? Awesome. Or is that Medal of Warfare 4?

You can't see me mate, but I am having a right old belly laugh. Like tears in my eyes, haha.
i think i may have combined COD an MW and created a previously unknown version called "does not know what the fuck hes talking about warfare"

Anyway its yorkshire so its "Modern owt bah tat warfare"

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 01:20 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i think i may have combined COD an MW and created a previously unknown version called "does not know what the fuck hes talking about warfare"
Didn't the Mail develop this game themselves?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 01:28 AM
Unforgiven

gally912's Flag is: USA

So, when is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 4 out?

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, there is no Common Sense.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 02:00 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's activision, so about 35 minutes after MW3 hits the shelves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode