The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 thread - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 thread

Decided to make a thread where I can post up all the information regarding the game instead of several separate threads.

Cover art leaked.

Quote:
Originally posted by IGN

Kotaku has posted a large amount of information on this year's Call of Duty game, claiming the details have all been verified by anonymous sources. There's no official word from Activision yet, but according to the Kotaku story the next Call of Duty game will be called Modern Warfare 3 and jointly developed by Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. The release date will be November 8, 2011.

The single-player story will start directly after the events of Modern Warfare 2. The villain Vladimir Makarov and heroes "Soap" MacTavish and John Price return in 15 stages set across the world, including New York City, Dubai and Paris.

The Spec Ops co-operative mode from Modern Warfare 2 will return, as well as survival maps that sound similar to Gears of War's horde mode or Call of Duty: World at War's zombie mode. The competitive multiplayer mode will feature around 20 maps.
Graphics improved. New game engine?

More pics: http://kotaku.com/5801353/modern-war...ishu/gallery/1

Modern Warfare 3 teaser trailers released.

All four teasers in the video bellow.

Release date revealed and cover art CONFIRMED!

Game will be released 8.11.2011

Bellow, poster. Will most likely be seen in large quantities at E3 next month.

GameStop pre-order bonus revealed!

The first 500,000 pre-orders will get a two sided poster which apparently contains some "information".

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1169647p1.html

First gameplay trailer

Spec-Ops and Survival game mode announced!

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

Last edited by Doelago; 05-28-11 at 05:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Post reserved for random stuff that will be revealed and wont be able to fit into the first post.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Tada! Here comes Doelago with his Russian translations!

America trailer
”One. Destroy the enemys hope of victory”

England trailer
“Two. Use everything to your advantage.”

France trailer
“Three. Use your opponents weaknesses.”

Germany Trailer
“Four. Attack from an unknown side.”

Thats basically what Makarov says at the end of the trailers.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 02:17 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

This november will be like every november before it.

This november, we present to you...

ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY.

WIth more grey and bloom than you've ever seen before, with even more facepalming dialogue, uninteresting characters, and plot holes! THe single player will be a callback to the first call of duty, and will mix in all the elements that have existed in every call of duty ever made since: Enemies that shoot you out of nowhere, dying in two shots, hanging back and letting the AI allies do all the work, and grueling exercises in frustration where you're the only person on the map with a thousand enemies! We guarantee you'll crank the difficulty down to the lowest level in just a couple hours to make this game fun instead of frustrating!

THe multiplayer will boast a similar playstyle to the previous Call of Duties as well! Hiding in windows, hiding behind walls, hiding behind cars, and hiding on top of buildings are all key elements of gameplay, along with using grenade launchers or high-ROF SMGs. All in all, an experience that, by the end of just a couple matches, will have you wondering why the fuck you spent sixty bucks on this piece of shit!

So come on down today and buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: We Can't Believe Youre Still Buying These Rehashes! We guarantee you'll saw your own dick off!

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post

ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY.

WIth more grey and bloom than you've ever seen before, with even more facepalming dialogue, uninteresting characters, and plot holes! THe single player will be a callback to the first call of duty, and will mix in all the elements that have existed in every call of duty ever made since: Enemies that shoot you out of nowhere, dying in two shots, hanging back and letting the AI allies do all the work, and grueling exercises in frustration where you're the only person on the map with a thousand enemies! We guarantee you'll crank the difficulty down to the lowest level in just a couple hours to make this game fun instead of frustrating!

THe multiplayer will boast a similar playstyle to the previous Call of Duties as well! Hiding in windows, hiding behind walls, hiding behind cars, and hiding on top of buildings are all key elements of gameplay, along with using grenade launchers or high-ROF SMGs. All in all, an experience that, by the end of just a couple matches, will have you wondering why the fuck you spent sixty bucks on this piece of shit!

So come on down today and buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: We Can't Believe Youre Still Buying These Rehashes! We guarantee you'll saw your own dick off!
Sounds like big ass FPS hate there. Not even I dislike CoD that much.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 03:23 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Quote:

ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY.

AMEN. Totally agree
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 03:23 PM

FPS hate? No. I love FPS games and TPS games.

I DONT like Call of Duty. I cant go anywhere without being mobbed by COD fantards, and its even worse since really AM in the army and everyone around me is like "KALL UV DOOTY". They want me to turn off Assassin's Creed or Dragon Age so they can play Get Shot Twice and Die 2: Hide Behind the Corner with A Grenade Launcher. I know its supposed to be realistic, but thats the issue- Realistic is boring.

Plus its becoming madden-esque in its predictable "One release at a predermined time each year with very minor changes" methodology.

THink about it, exactly how much game can they make in just a single year? The greatest game developwers like Bethesda, Bioware, and Valve can take the better part of five years to make a single game. But EA and activision just crank them out with very little effort and almost no changes between iterations.

Last edited by Iron Angel; 05-17-11 at 03:27 PM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
I know its supposed to be realistic, but thats the issue- Realistic is boring.
CoD realistic!?

Dude, check where your on the map.

Quote:
Plus its becoming madden-esque in its predictable "One release at a predermined time each year with very minor changes" methodology.
Very true.

Quote:
THink about it, exactly how much game can they make in just a single year?
Two years actually. Thats why there are several studios making the games.

Modern Warfare 3 will be made by Infinity Ward (+Raven Software and Sledgehammer Studios?)

Black Ops was made by Treyarch

Modern Warfare 2 was made by Infinity Ward.

World at War was made by Treyarch

Modern Warfare was made by Infinity Ward

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 04:11 PM

Even so, Call of Duty is like iPhone.

You buy one, only for a new one with slight changes to come out in a very short timeframe. You scrape together the cash to buy that next one, because all your friends bought that one and you have to keep up with then, and right after you buy the new one, ANOTHER comes out and you have to get THAT one now.

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Even so, Call of Duty is like iPhone.

You buy one, only for a new one with slight changes to come out in a very short timeframe. You scrape together the cash to buy that next one, because all your friends bought that one and you have to keep up with then, and right after you buy the new one, ANOTHER comes out and you have to get THAT one now.
I cannot see how that would be a valid point. A year ain`t what I consider "a short time frame".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode