Assassin's Creed Revelations - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Assassin's Creed Revelations

Is it anything worth looking forward to? Its coming in November, and I was wondering if the others in the series are anything worth picking up before this one?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:45 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Got any links to it for further information? I didn't know there was a new AC coming out until today.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:51 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

I personally hated it, but if you like Metal Gear Solid games and Mirror's Edge and wouldn't mind a heavy dose of generic medieval setting, it may be for you. Note, it is nothing like the Thief series, the illusion I had pre-purchase, which was crushed.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Got any links to it for further information? I didn't know there was a new AC coming out until today.
http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/076/076574.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
I personally hated it, but if you like Metal Gear Solid games and Mirror's Edge and wouldn't mind a heavy dose of generic medieval setting, it may be for you. Note, it is nothing like the Thief series, the illusion I had pre-purchase, which was crushed.
Sounds like I wont like it then, eh?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 05:53 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

thanks for the link , can't wait for this.

On the other hand, I enjoyed ACB alot and I do think it's my favourite game that I own. (I don't own a lot, the notable others are Halo: Reach, Red Dead Redemption and Gears of War 2).
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:05 PM

Anfo's Flag is: USA

No, don't get it. Ezio (The main assassin) has been running around Italy for the past 2 games and still hasn't won. They need to get a new assassin and new time frame. Put aside that Ezio is an annoying little prik, is now old, and never was all that good, I'm tired of renaissance Italy. Desmond just needs to go into Abstargo and kill everyone.

Aside from the crappy character and story, the game play will be the same I bet. Maybe some different killing blows and weapons, different enemy types possible.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:31 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

Brootherhood was best of the series, but they are taking it too far. They want to milk every cent of the game it seems.

Series has overall shit story, but atmosphere and visual rocks. First one had very boring, repetitive gameplay, but second and brotherhood fixed that a lot.
So to people who maybe wanna try games, I recommend to skip first one and read summary on wiki or some other site and start with Assassin creed 2. Its pretty enjoyable and fun, if you like sandbox action games.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:46 PM

DivineArchitect's Flag is: United Kingdom

..it started as a slightly unique game with a good story line then it became a repeat with a few added bonuses, then it turned into an out of wack story line where you spend all your time building whore houses and paying people to do the mission you would otherwise do.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:46 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Is it anything worth looking forward to? Its coming in November, and I was wondering if the others in the series are anything worth picking up before this one?
Assassians Creed 2 was an excellent game and the whole series has a great story, if you enjoy tales of historical conspiracy.

Brotherhood was even better and added much more depth to the overall tale. The thing that must be remembered is that it is intended to be a SERIES and not just several individual games. The story will be tied together in the final chapter (AC 3 most likely), but until then the story for the individual games may seem a bit lacking.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:55 PM

Fire Tempered's Flag is: Serbia

I guess that then I'm just not a fan of historical conspiracy, I would like games far more without conspiracy and sci-fi parts.Still, games are pretty enjoyable, and the last one, Brootherhood, had removed all bad gameplay issues previous ones had.

I find only combat still lacking, instead making it more difficult they made it easier with chaining kills.

This new one really look like milking the dead cow though. I guess even when Assassin's creed 3 comes out, we won't see end of story, but it will also be episodical.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode