Dynasty Warriors 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

View Poll Results: Dynasty Warriors Six?
Great 3 18.75%
good but not as good as the others 4 25.00%
have'nt played it 7 43.75%
rubbish 4 25.00%
other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

Default Dynasty Warriors 6

So overall a good game
but many problems which make it worse than No5
1 the characters don't have unique weapons most just have spear like weapons and the same musou's and fighting styles
2 not enough Musou modes 4 per army is a bit crap overall there is 14 musou modes.
3 No Nanman They rocked why get rid of them
4 they got rid of Sun Ce's Tonfas Why!!!!?
5. they got rid of the wrong characters and gave the wrong characters bows Huang Zhong and Xaihou Yuan should have bows.

anyone enough of the bitching whats your opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 01:24 PM

I haven't played it, but my cousin has, and he said it was a waste of time, completely off what he thought had made Dynasty Warriors great. He is now playing Dynasty Tactics 2 or something, that what DW6 has pushed him to V_V Old games with completely different methods of playing V_V

"Traitor? Is it Traitors who herald the Future? No, delueded Brother, The Midnight Fangs are not Traitors, we are your Saviours!" Chapter Master Harsu Kartan, Midnight Fangs Chapter.

"We shall tarnish the Ultramarines name, we shall be mistaken for our foolish Brothers. Let the people mistake us now, after the Ultramarines investigate, we shall be recognised for our worth!" 1st Company Captain, Zathos Orberan, Midnight Fangs.

"Only with your death, can Chaos illuminate you, my deluded Brother. And I shall aid you to illunmination!" Assault Captain Zenthus, 3rd Company.

"SIR! Necrons Monoliths incoming! Wait, nope, all fine, they crashed on the Dreads and Preds" Ryalon after Necrons Monoliths dropped by.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 01:29 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Haven't touched it. One Dynasty Warriors game is the same as all the others, in my experience. Don't get me wrong, they can be a lot of fun, but it's basically spamming grunts with a polearm. It's pretty much impossible to get killed in those games, too.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 06:54 PM

You faced Lu Bu in that game? about three swings and your dead or something like that V_V Trust me, he kicks ass in 3 and 4 mostly <_<;

"Traitor? Is it Traitors who herald the Future? No, delueded Brother, The Midnight Fangs are not Traitors, we are your Saviours!" Chapter Master Harsu Kartan, Midnight Fangs Chapter.

"We shall tarnish the Ultramarines name, we shall be mistaken for our foolish Brothers. Let the people mistake us now, after the Ultramarines investigate, we shall be recognised for our worth!" 1st Company Captain, Zathos Orberan, Midnight Fangs.

"Only with your death, can Chaos illuminate you, my deluded Brother. And I shall aid you to illunmination!" Assault Captain Zenthus, 3rd Company.

"SIR! Necrons Monoliths incoming! Wait, nope, all fine, they crashed on the Dreads and Preds" Ryalon after Necrons Monoliths dropped by.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 08:03 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

I beat Lu BU in choas hes very powerful, but not unbeatable. I think as long as they fix the problems by dw7 it'll still be very popular. And there are 17 museo modes by the way. And the movable screen and tome/renbu improve the fighting so overall i think it is a better game than 5. And the ownly things that come out of the nanman campighn was meng hou. but i agree about the lack of unique weapons, especially the lack of sun ce's tonfo's (as gorehunter already knows), but the fighting styles of different characters are still very different despite similar weps and musoes. And if it helps more battles and characters are meant to be coming out as downloadable content for the xbox 360.

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 08:05 PM

Zondarian's Flag is: England

And Pang Tong is ace at full renbu. Hes who i beat Lu Bu with and it was Hu Lou Gate so he was super powered

Do not disallusion yourself brothers, today we die, our bodies broken and our souls shattered, we will be remembered as corpses on a battlefield.Raise hell my brothers for one day our great Father will hear of our struggle, and he will be honoured to call us his Sons. In death our Glory shall become eternal.' Karik Farron, 1st Lord of the Dark Scorchers at the Fall of Kempar.

'like a blind man in a dark room trying to find a black cat that isn't there'-imntdead
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-08, 02:40 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

My view on DW6 is it is a great game, yes we lost some characters, but it is the changes to the gameplay and the new talent system that make this game stand out.

In general though all the new features added, always have a horse (if you want,) horse can jump, you (if on foot) and horse can go over most obstacles to avoid whole areas, the new renbu system that adds to the combat, re-vitalisation of characters, swimming and climbing, and general improvements in interactions and AI make this a very strong game.

I've certainly enjoyed it more than any other, I'm just hoping that we will get an equivilent of DW3 with the next version as to me this game has a hint of DW2 about it, the bare bones are there, now lets see what Koei can do with it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-08, 03:33 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Haven't played it, but my usual application is "You've played one, you've played 'em all."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-08, 05:10 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

You could of course say the same thing for many of the sequels for other games out there on the market. Doesn't make it right of course.

Battlefields change, new characters have been added through the series, and with this one a general overhaul of how the game plays, so I'd have to disagree that they are all the same and you can't have played many of them to have that opinion.
I've also seen this opinion used by mags to justify 50% scores, which is rubbish when you look at the other games down there that deserve to be 50% it doesn't make sense to me.

Yes the core of the game is a fighting game, with a similar style of play as previous titles but that hardly makes it a bad game. Surely with that thought then Streetfighter or Soul Calibre 4 are going to be titles not worth getting, what about Fifa or Pro Evo, surely any version previously released will do, why buy the new one. There are countless titles out there that could be classified the same way, it just seems odd to do so and mark the game that far down because of it, why fix something if it isn't broke?

Sorry to seem like a rant, but as I've said above its an opinion that in-furiates me as it makes no sense, video games often by their own design are an exercise in repetition, so why single out the DW series.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-21-08, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Gore Hunter's Flag is: England

The fact that they got rid of characters is fine
Zondarian half the characters you can play as on musou are'nt that popular for one why not give Sun Quan a campaign seeing as Sun Jian dies on almost everyone elses campaign. Or Sun Ce. I think Gan ning was way cooler with the huge sword he weilded he looks crap with that weird thing behind his head Ok I know there trying to follow by the books but still I liked it before yes some changes are Great, Tomes rock but almost all the characters with spears fight in the same sequence.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode