Playstation Certified Tablets. Good idea or waste of time - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Default Playstation Certified Tablets. Good idea or waste of time

Link to article here

And better article here

Video Page here

Pics:

So, Sony is making 2 tablets that can play PS1 games (yay?)as well as run Android 3.0. They will also have access to Playstation suite (PSN on non Sony devices more or less).

I've been looking into buying a tablet for a while, but I've been waiting for something like this to be announced. What are everyones thoughts on this? Think it's a good idea for Sony to do? Think it's a waste of time? Don't care either way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 07:09 PM

They're jumping on the tablet bandwagon, and I really can't see it as a negative thing. Tablets are, even now, an underdeveloped device that are just beginning to make their way in to the middle class world in great numbers. More competition means better prices, a drive to perfect the technology, more battery stamina and, hopefully, increased durability in the items.

I'd love to have a good tablet but none really appeal to me just yet. What I'm interested in seeing is the market in four or five years time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 08:26 PM

Barnster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally I think they should sort out their network problems before they produce wireless tablets

But I'm iffy to what they can do, if they can't do half the things of an ipad then they'll lose unless they are very cheap for a tablet
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 10:01 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The two are entirely seperate, Barnster.

And yeah, they're pretty. Even so, at the moment, I can do without a tablet, as I have a playstation and laptop. On the other hand, I couldn't see the use of a Blackberry over a normal phone, yet I now have one, and can barely do without it.

However, I still have my original PS1 games, including most importantly Spyro 1 and Spyro 2. I just hope to god you can rip them onto your tablet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-11, 02:56 PM

Weapon's Flag is: Ireland

I would LOVE to be able to rip all of my old PS1 games onto it.

I just wish the vid showed us more about what it can actually do instead of all that fancy crap.

Seriously, advertising needs to be more like what they have in America.

We aren't all 'sophisticated' and aren't entertained by a few yellow lines moving around a black background.

That's just a waste of my time.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 11:57 AM

Im very pissed that my parents wouldent wait to get one of these and bought a crappy motorola insted

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode