Diablo 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Angelus Censura's Flag is: USA

Default Diablo 3

Not sure if there is a rumours thread for this yet, however, I figured I'd start one with some new info I have. My uncle received a beta copy of D3 from one of his clients. This beta is different from the one you could play at Blizzcon, with more options in character customization, more levels, etc.

The beta was on a USB drive when he got it, and apparently it is not for computers. He couldn't get it to burn to a disc yet, but I guess from what his client said, Blizzard plans to release the game for consoles (XBox I think) first before releasing it for the computer. Though, they may release them both at the same time, but either way, I found that a bit interesting, and it may be cool for those that prefer consoles over computers, or do not always have access to a computer. The game moving towards consoles is most likely a confirmed rumour, with no bias on my part as I dislike consoles and prefer the computer. I will be pretty pissed if it comes out for Xbox first, making me wait to play it till it comes out for computers.

Anyone else hear anything?
Cheers

EDIT: Noticed another thread on D3 about the gameplay and whether it will be better than Diablo 2. Note that this is a RUMOURS thread, not a thread based on opinions of the game (I don't want to steal the other persons thread)

Maybe a mod could change the name to Diablo 3 Rumours Roundup - I'd appreciate it

Last edited by Angelus Censura; 04-27-11 at 01:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 01:40 AM

Havent heard anything about D3 being released for X-Box, though they were hiring console devs as early as 2008. While I could see a simultanious release I dont think Blizzard would shaft it's core customers(PC) by releasing an console version first.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Angelus Censura's Flag is: USA

Yeah I sure as hell hope not, but they would make a fortune by cutting a deal with microsoft to get it released fo XBox, I know a ton of people who prefer console games, hardly ever playing anything on a computer. Still no relase date though, I wish we could get a ball park estimate as to a date of release, but then every other time they've ball parked it, they've pushed the date back. From what I hear, a lot of the d2 fans re just loosing interest in the release of D3 and moving on to other games.

Any news on whether a monthly fee will be charged to play, like with WoW? That would be a bitch as well

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-11, 07:21 PM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

I highly doubt it for console. Way too many keys and click-click-click for an xbox controller.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 02:42 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

D 3 with a monthly fee? Is it going to be a pat to play/MMO? That would be wierd.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-11, 02:48 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
D 3 with a monthly fee? Is it going to be a pat to play/MMO? That would be wierd.
i do not see anything talking about d3 with a Monthly fee, nor have i heard anything about that, whered you see that?

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode