World of Tanks - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 09:32 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeh A-20 just gets matched with Tier VIII's as a "scout tank". I get mixed results - even a kill or two. But as soon as I get spotted, it only takes one shell.
Just as well I'm saving up enough cash for the T-34 (already researched it). This line and the AMX line are pretty dismal up until tier VI, so I'll just have to slog it out unfortunately.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-03-13, 01:45 AM

Anfo's Flag is: USA

Just got my Tiger P. It's quite a different play style than my vk3001p, that's for sure.

post #83 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-03-13, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
Hmmm all american TD's have turrets so you didn't really have a choice
The T25 AT, T28, T95 and T11E03 beg to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel
I have a Soviet A-20 that I'm looking to upgrade ASAP
The A-20 is what we would technically call a shitbox. It's really awful but power through it and there are some good tanks after is, T34-85 all the way to T-54 are good.

Im currently grinding my ST-I, Tiger II, Pershing, AMX M4(1945), AMX 13 75, Comet, Churchill VII, GwPanther, Panther and JagdPanther. I might have too many tanks.

Hoping to get the AMX 50 100, Black Prince and AMX 13 90 and Centurion Mk. I over the next couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfo
Just got my Tiger P. It's quite a different play style than my vk3001p, that's for sure.
Im conflicted over the Tiger P, it's situationly better than the Tiger H in many ways except that it leads to the Maus.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog

Last edited by Aramoro; 01-03-13 at 03:17 PM.
post #84 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-03-13, 03:41 PM
Spanner in the works...

Newfound love for my Crusader at the moment - although it's a light tank I find that the gun I'm using can pen pretty much anything of my tier or under, plus most of the tier above. Not to mention it's fairly nippy and agile, though thinly armoured.

Churchill by comparison is so frustrating on account that it gets detracked so easily. Also, the basic gun is a pain because it sucks, and I have to grind through each and every one before I get to the decent one.

T-34 is agonisingly close - just ~100k credits to be able to afford it. My Hetzer and Panzer III are still a few thousand XP off researching their respective successors, while I only just started with my M8A1 (which I fucking love btw).

In other news, I started the French AMX tree because I love the idea of the ELC AMX, and the Bat Chat looks awesome. However, anything up to the AMX40 is a depressing grind on account of how shite the tanks are. Just drive at the enemy until you're close enough for it not to matter how crap your gun is, seems to be the best tactic.

On a side note, where best is it to go with the German Pz III and Russian T-34 lines? There are just too many options for me to decide.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:

post #85 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-03-13, 04:26 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've got the ELC AMX, it's like a light tank destroyer, it has no rotating turret but it has a mega gun once you get the highest one. It's quick but fragile and it has a poor radio so it's not that good at scouting, so it's best to accompany other tanks or hold back with it.

I've been getting better with Cromwell, have to hold back with it, despite it's speed it's best used as cavalry so that if you see any holes made in the enemy line you punch through it and shoot things in the ass.

I started playing the turreted US TDs which is fun, I hated the normal one that's basically a Lee with the roof cut off, and so tried the other one which was a lot more fun.
post #86 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-03-13, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
On a side note, where best is it to go with the German Pz III and Russian T-34 lines? There are just too many options for me to decide.
Right from the Pz III you have 2 choices to follow the Tiger H line or the Panther line really. They're both basically stand off tanks with good long range guns but little armour. The Panther is faster and turn into the E50 which is a hilarious ramming machine.

From the 34-85 just continue down the Russian medium line, it's very good all the way down.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #87 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 01:28 AM
Spanner in the works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I've got the ELC AMX, it's like a light tank destroyer, it has no rotating turret but it has a mega gun once you get the highest one. It's quick but fragile and it has a poor radio so it's not that good at scouting, so it's best to accompany other tanks or hold back with it.
Yeh, from what I've seen it looks pretty hilarious to play. I tend to think of ELC tankers as nutcases, just running rings around their opponents, occasionally pausing to one-shot an SPG before being blown to pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I've been getting better with Cromwell, have to hold back with it, despite it's speed it's best used as cavalry so that if you see any holes made in the enemy line you punch through it and shoot things in the ass.

I started playing the turreted US TDs which is fun, I hated the normal one that's basically a Lee with the roof cut off, and so tried the other one which was a lot more fun.
Looking forward to the Cromwell - I think I'll pretty much enjoy this entire tree. Even from the early Cruiser III/IV I found it pretty enjoyable (if not that successful) to play. It's the medium/heavy tree that just annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
Right from the Pz III you have 2 choices to follow the Tiger H line or the Panther line really. They're both basically stand off tanks with good long range guns but little armour. The Panther is faster and turn into the E50 which is a hilarious ramming machine.

From the 34-85 just continue down the Russian medium line, it's very good all the way down.
What pros/cons does the Tiger H line have in store? Else I'll just take the E50 route as that sounds like great fun.
As for the Russians, would it not be better to try and get down onto the IS route, as isn't the IS-7 one of the best tanks in the game? Though I wouldn't mind sticking to the T-34-85 side of things.

Quote:

post #88 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 01:33 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

You can't take tanks on one on one with any of the British cruiser tanks, they should be used like scavengers heh.
post #89 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 02:02 AM
Spanner in the works...

Except when you have the pom-pom on the Cruiser VI or Covenanter. There was one time on Ensk about halfway through, when I pegged it down the side of the railway, smashed through a wall and broadsided a full mag into the side of a Panzer III, nuking it instantly. The instant LOL moment provided by that alone showed me the joys of the Cruiser tree.

Quote:

post #90 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-04-13, 05:10 AM

Anfo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
I'm conflicted over the Tiger P, it's situationally better than the Tiger H in many ways except that it leads to the Maus.
I was super excited for the 200mm of frontal hull armor, but the turret armor is so much thinner that I don't think I've ever been hit in the hull But apparently all the Tiger H has on me is speed, which I can deal with.

You make is sound like the Maus isn't good. Is that so? I mean I'm sure it's a arty magnet, but is it a decent tank otherwise? (I'll be quite sad if so, I've wanted a Maus since I started playing.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode