World of Tanks - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 09:21 AM

The Vickers HV Damage Per Minute is 25% more than the KV-1S's 122 mm D-2-5T, the 145mm penetration is more than enough, you can pen a Tiger II turret all day with it. It takes 16 seconds for a KV-1S to reload which gives the Cromwell 4 more free shots at it before it can fire again.

That's why in tank companies we take 3 or 4 Cromwells and tear apart the teams of 8 KV-1S that you get. But then again that is a Heavy.

The best US Tier VI Medium is the Easy 8 but it's gun has less pen and damage than the Cromwells albiet at higher rate of fire. The Russian equivelent is the T-34-85 which has the 85 mm D5T-85BM, which is a good gun, same pen and slightly more damage than the Vickers HV but half the Damage Per Minute. I think you might be confusing Mediums with heavies if you think the US and Soviet tanks get heavy tank guns.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 09:33 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've had light Russian tanks with big sod off guns own me, penetrate my armour constantly at a high rate of fire. Pretty much every time I am hit I get penetrated where as when I fire back at the weak spots half the time if not all the time I ping or go through but do no damage. I dunno I just seems to get penetrated a lot and I mean a lot and even when I get the jump on them I still get owned most of the time because I fall apart in three hits. I want a tank that can take punishment and dish some damage out with a single shot the only tanks I know of that can do that is the Russian KVs which I refuse to play because so many play them :/

and I know that could be taken out of context and be major innuendo
post #73 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
dunno I just seems to get penetrated a lot
You need to stop hanging your ass out like that clearly.

The Cromwell really really can't take a hit. If you don't want to go down the KV line which is the most durable line then you might have some success with the ARL 44 with the 105 mm Canon 13TR. But that leads into fast lightly armour tanks with amazing guns. Or there's the US M6 line which is pretty well armoured on the turret with good guns.

Aramoro

post #74 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 10:11 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nah I'm very careful with making sure my front is facing the enemy, I always hide the back as much as possible, I got camo netting to but I can't trade shots with anyone though.

British tanks though, even the heavy tank can barely take any damage to the front without being penetrated through the tracks.

Last edited by Words_of_Truth; 12-19-12 at 10:16 AM.
post #75 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 10:25 AM

The Churchill VII and Black Prince have decent frontal armour 152 mm will bounce a decent number of shots as long as you don't have a tier 8 in front of you. With the high rate of fire guns and central position of the turret I tend to feel the British heavies benefit the most from side scraping.

Practice side scraping and control those City fights, in the open get out of the open. Most of my tanks end their life on fire so you might want to ignore my advice.

Aramoro

post #76 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 03:49 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Hi I’m a recruiter for The Crash Test Dummies! We’re currently recruiting new members of all tiers in order to quickly expand our clan. We happily welcome both experienced and new players since we are willing to teach you anything you need to know or just sit back and platoon for fun! We can offer the following help for new players\provide the following to experienced players

-Team Speak Server
-Tier 1-10 Platoons
-Help with learning your tank and the quickest ways to get to the higher tiers.
-Help Leveling a tech tree to where you want to be!
-Web Site\Forums
-Platoons and tank companies every night.
We are also happy to answer any questions you might have about our clan anytime! Contact me or another clan member in game or post here for a quick answer!
Thanks

Azkaellon
post #77 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 10:25 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

So I went down the turreted route for American tank destroyers - good decision or no? Also, I have my first Tier V tanks (and first Heavy) with the Crusader and the Churchill.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #78 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
So I went down the turreted route for American tank destroyers - good decision or no? Also, I have my first Tier V tanks (and first Heavy) with the Crusader and the Churchill.

Hmmm all american TD's have turrets so you didn't really have a choice....as for if you want to live in higher tier games i suggest using the American or Soviet line if you are new player since the UK gets over powered very fast.

On a side note i now have

King Tiger,AT-15A,Comet(Upgrading to it tomorrow\today..),Cromwell,Matilda Black Prince,Jadgpanzer 4,jadgpanzer 1(Fully decked out for low level tournaments with gold rounds and so on) :D

I would have my T-10 German now but i had to reset as British since i like the Cent's gun....plus no one else wanted to!
post #79 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 10:48 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have a Soviet A-20 that I'm looking to upgrade ASAP, and I also recently started the French line (aiming for the BatChat), but could switch out for the Soviet KV line if I needed to.
Also, by turreted US TDs I meant the M8A1.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #80 of 157 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
I have a Soviet A-20 that I'm looking to upgrade ASAP, and I also recently started the French line (aiming for the BatChat), but could switch out for the Soviet KV line if I needed to.
Also, by turreted US TDs I meant the M8A1.
The A-20 line is pretty bad till around tier 6 if i remember right.....As for the BatChat that tank might get your friends to punch you in the face if you use it........ (Fast lil bugger with no armor mind you)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode