World of Tanks - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 08:58 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Hmmm iv been driving around in my Tiger 1 trying to get some cash saved up for the final upgrades only to end up vs nothing but T9 Tanks.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
At the moment it's:
- Karelia from both sides - I just simply have no idea what's the best way to go about things. It's pretty open, so I just get nuked by tank destroyers or arty.
Karelia is a tricky map, you have a few options though, from either spawn you can go north and work around the rocks. If you stay too close to the valley in the middle you'll find yourself taking shots in the flank so go slightly further in and hug the rocks. Mostly try going to the north side of the rocks rather than the south side as that will protect you from arty. Most TD's don't have the gun depression to fight effectively in this zone. Just stay away from the deadzone between the rocks in the middle of this area. Going south is a bit of a slug fest, hug the hillside or if you're feeling frisky, especially from the south, zoom into the rocks just away from the hill in the depression. Most tanks can't hit you down there and if you're close to a rock safe from arty as well. If you're in something fast then get up the hill and punish people in the valley or across the other side. Going straight down the middle is really very hard due to the marsh areas, avoid it. Something which helps here and on all maps to be honest is approach a corner at a 45 degree angle, don't just hug a rock and drive straight out to shoot someone, if you do that you'll get shot in the side, tracked and exploded.

Quote:
- Mines from the south spawn - it's too easy to get flanked on both sides, and I find the enemy gets to the high ground before I can.
On mines as I'm sure you know it's critical to control the central hill, so if you're nimble get up there and control it. Even if you can't make use of the high ground prevent them from doing so. Coming from the south you must push up to the rock if you're in the middle or you'll get shot in the side from the island. The safest route from the south it to go right up the eastern edge of the map. Then you can either cut in to hug the hill, this is a favourite spot for heavies to fight it out, or stay east and go round the edge using the buildings for cover. Don't try to go to the island from the south as it's generally too hard. You need some people to defend that flank but there's lots of spots to shoot people on the island from just outside the base. In an ideal world what you'd want is a holding force to suppress people on the island, your main for to take the hill and a few to go east and hold up the enemy until you can make your position on the hill count.

Quote:
- Prokhorovka is pretty nasty too, but I'm not so bad on there provided my team are half decent.
Unless you're a TD or sniping tank stay away from the road, go to the railway and village or up the hill.

Play some games as Arty, it wont be fun if you don't like Arty (I do because I like ruining peoples tank fun). What it will do is show up all the spots which are safe from arty. Like Prokhorovka, no where is safe so keep on moving.

Quote:
Hmmm iv been driving around in my Tiger 1 trying to get some cash saved up for the final upgrades only to end up vs nothing but T9 Tanks.........
Become intimate with the mechanics and construction methods of tanks or download the clown car hitskins. They're an allowable mod and they'll make it much easier to bring your force to bear. The Tiger is one of the few Tier VII's that can seriously damage Tier IX due to your high penning gun.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #63 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 09:57 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've been having fun with the A13 Covenanter tank, it's a pretty fun scout tank that can cause some serious damage if it gets behind you, only problem is I tend to die in the process I try to go for artillery most of the time.
post #64 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
I've been having fun with the A13 Covenanter tank, it's a pretty fun scout tank that can cause some serious damage if it gets behind you, only problem is I tend to die in the process I try to go for artillery most of the time.
The Covenanter is good fun, especially with the pompom gun. The Crusader is a slightly sideways move out of the A13, luckily it gets medium matchmaking though and not light) but the Cromwell is an absolute blast. TD's and anything with a slow turret will hate you with a burning passion.

Aramoro

post #65 of 157 (permalink) Old 11-28-12, 12:40 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

So is anyone on the NA server....or all you brits ganging up on us over here?
post #66 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 06:50 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Bit of an update. My garage currently looks like:

- Covenanter (max upgraded) Probably my favourite tank at the moment, as it's so fun to play even if you're horribly outmatched. I use the two-shot gun as it can actually hit stuff at range unlike the pom-pom.

- Matilda (upgraded suspension and turret) God I hate this. It's too slow and weak to compete with mediums, let alone heavies. That said, I got one decent game in a lower tier game where their shots just bounced off me as I slowly gunned them down...

- Panzer III (upgraded suspension, turret and gun) Actually quite like this German tree. Hoping to end up with a Maus or E-100, but I'll take it as I go. Got a 70% win ratio on my previous Panzer A though.

- Hetzer (slow-firing cannon, upgraded everythings but not maxed). Wow. That gun is a one-shot godweapon on anything with 350 hp and below. So anything tier V and under is mincemeat as I found out in one game, where I one-shotted 3 tanks in 2 shots. Shame about the Hetz's slow speed and poor gun movement though.

- T82 (not much upgraded). Sucks balls. It's made of paper so even the weakest of light tanks can wreck your day, not to mention its accuracy blows. I preferred its predecessor tbh - got 9 kills in one game on Karelia in that.

- BT-7 (mostly upgraded). Love the speed on this thing, even though I've never survived a game, and don't often get any kills. Not really sure how best to use it, though that may have something to do with constantly being put in games of tier 5/6.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #67 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 07:06 PM

I've been playing the British tree, got up to the Cromwell and Churchill VII and thought they'd get better than the previous ones but they don't there guns are worse than equal tier light tanks and everything else is pretty much at the bottom of the table when you compare it to every other same tier tanks from other countries. Going to go with American tanks for now, tried the french light line but got up to the AMX 40 and it stinks, I mean it's worse than the matilda. Not tried the french heavy tree, but I'll have to get more money for that.
post #68 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-18-12, 08:10 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeh, I find the British light tanks fun, but not necessarily competitive. I prefer the German tree if I want successful games, though I think once I get a decent American Tank destroyer like the T49 that'd be awesome too.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #69 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 08:33 AM

If you like the Covenanter you'll like the Crusader even more. It gets medium tank matchmaking not light tank matchmaking which is good. Once you get the top engine for the Hetzer it's quite mobile, load Gold ammo and one shot people all day long.

With your T82 woes you just need to play conservatively. It's fast but use that for repositioning not pushing forwards. Your view range is really good (110m further than the Hetzer). The 57mm is pretty accurate and fast firing.

Words_of_Truth you are wrong about The Cromwell. It's amazing. The Vickers HV has great penetration the damage is slightly anaemic but you can make up for that by not dying. It's one of the only tanks in my garage where I can go into a 1v3 and come out the other side with a couple of kills and only half my tank hanging off.

Bad new though spanner, the German Tree is the worst tree in the game \o/. The Maus is a piece of shit, the E-100 is ok but not stellar. The German tree actually has the worst win rate of all the trees. I found the Tiger and Tiger II to be great though.

Aramoro

Last edited by Aramoro; 12-19-12 at 08:37 AM.
post #70 of 157 (permalink) Old 12-19-12, 09:00 AM

I hated the Crusader, it felt like it was made of wood and it's gun was pitiful. The gun on the Cromwell it's the main gun from the Churchill or the second from last gun on the Churchill VII, it's not that good tbh it's not a heavy tank gun like the russian and american mediums get and is no where near as good as the ones the germans get.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode