the good and the bad of the dawn of war series - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-08, 11:26 PM

all im going to bad mouth DoW about is the lack of vindicators... seriously, it's the only thing keeping me from playing my table top army in-game
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-08, 02:34 PM

lordmat0's Flag is: United Kingdom

I hated dark crusade and soulstorm (haven't played it but its the same) campaign so boring. Loved the campain of the first and winter assault. Wonder if they will ever come back to the blood raveans since the end was a bit of a cliff hanger!

The only thing I liked about dark crusade was the RPG element to it, upgrading your general

I was a bit dissapointed on how many guardsmen you could have personally think you should of been able to have more.

Necrons was great on how they worked thought it was good that you could keep producing warriors like that. Also like the fact you could move your base if you get a relic!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 07:17 AM

MindFreaky's Flag is: South Africa

I really enjoyed the DoW games (Yes all of them). Soulstorm I thought was particularly cool, because it included an army that Games Workshop themselves seem to have lost interest in (Dark Eldar). The balance between the races in Particular is really well done, considering how many there are but as is the case with most, I found the campaigns in DC and SS to get boring rather quick, with the exception of the HQ Missions.

As for the Voice acting, I didn't find it too bad, except for SoB and Chaos in SS.

"FEAR ME, BUT FOLLOW!"

Come my minions... let us steal their souls.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-08, 11:26 AM

Jock's Flag is: Scotland

Worst thing about the Dow game is relics lacklustre support for the game. The recent 'hotfix' being a prime example. The games still broke, automatch is a joke and the top players are dwindling more and more because of it.

Best thing about it, is it is the best RTS ive played, the setting is a lot to do with it, but ive had some serious fun over the years playing with clanmates.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-14-08, 09:04 PM

Ordo Xeno Commander's Flag is: New Zealand

What are people complaining about the campaign for. And I'm not sure if you realised, but you do play as the Blood Ravens in DC, not sure about soul-storm though. The campaign is genius, the amount of actual programming required to pull that off compared to the first two. Not to mention the fact that it gives you so much more freedom to determine how you play your army.

My only real bitch is the fact that if you wait too long, the enemy simply overwhelms you. you don't just have the occasional hit and run attack or staged swarms. They simply generate too many units. I swear i could not build as many units as the enemy gets if i was playing, its ridiculous.

Last edited by Ordo Xeno Commander; 07-14-08 at 09:06 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-15-08, 07:51 AM

Jock's Flag is: Scotland

Dont think ive ever touched the Campaigns, having played online i dont think I'll ever be content with SP again, no ai can match playing another guy online. With regards rts anyway, SP of COD4 was great.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 11:52 AM

spacemarine's Flag is: Australia

hate dark crusade campaign, the campaign should always be like a story just like original dawn of war and winter assault(now those were 2 good dawn of war games) . dark crusade just gets boring because
campaign is just like skirmish
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 12:13 PM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

I used to love DoW, but then I played Company of Heroes. Then it all changed.
Now the gameplay feels lacklustre and fairly devoid of tactics...just build up a large army.
It was entertaing, but tedious after a while.
I want DoW2 to come now, and I want Kmod for it NOW.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-19-08, 06:58 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

i really dont like the way they cap certian units or make them take up so much squad cap they arent worth bothering with - it doesnt make the game any more balanced or realistic.

leman russes are worth 5 and they arent even that good really, i want more than two for fucks sake. same with kaskrin and landraiders.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-08, 08:48 PM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

[QUOTE=beenburned;148600]I used to love DoW, but then I played Company of Heroes. Then it all changed.
Now the gameplay feels lacklustre and fairly devoid of tactics...just build up a large army.

>> i strongly agree wi you on this. I never play DOW any more cos I've got COHs. By far a better game in all aspects. Sisters are pretty mean in Soulstorm though.

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode