Dawn of war vs Dawn of war 2 - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-11, 08:45 PM

Sigur's Flag is: Austria

Two completely different games so comparing them is kind of like comparing Command&Conquer to Command and Conquer Renegade.

First is a classic RTS game with the little twist of you actually having to hold points. Second is essentially the Company of Heroes gameplay with other units slapped on. I think I played the second game longer because of the co-op thing. Co-op makes even mediocre games fun (heck, I even played through the repulsive Army of Two just because of co-op). If it wasn't for the co-op and RPG system, DoW2 would be very forgettable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-11, 09:07 PM

I think Soulstorm takes the cake overall.

Was no impressed with DoW2...one bit.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-11, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMAlice View Post
I have played DOW2, It bored me.
In my opinion it should not have changed from DOW at all.
DOW1 was an excellent game made better with the release of its expansions. DC only improved on it. SS was a rush job which failed.

DOW2 moved too far from the original and, while it is made well, it is not DOW without Bases, huge maps, a multitude of units and an excellent multiplayer.

SGMAlice
cant say i agree with you... not changing it could have been done by not bothering to create a new game... i think you people forget a very important piece of the WH40K world, customization. i think being about to give your main characters a fully customizable loadout is a brilliant addition to the game.

DoW1 had ONE good expansion, which was DC, WA and SS sucked...
yeah you had a lot of races, but no Nids, and most races where added with expansions, which can all still come in the near future...

and for people not paying attention, in DoWII:R you CAN have a lot of units on the field... so everybody who didnt play the game yet should not be bitching about it (this is meant in general)

and,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode