Best Game ever? - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 06:51 PM
Banned
LeeHarvey's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTIO View Post
'Tis called Silgrad Tower

I've not played it yet, but that's only 'cos I've not finished Oblivion yet
Silgrad Tower is just a mod, It's not a conversion of Morrowind to the Oblivion game engine.
You wont be able to get the converted game either. It was a project called Morroblivion and Bethesda has put the breaks to it as it's a copyright violation. Go to tesnexus.com and you can find out all about it.

By the way, sorry for the double post.

Last edited by LeeHarvey; 09-24-08 at 06:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-24-08, 07:55 PM

Farseer Beltiac's Flag is: USA

Knights of the Old Republic and Sith Lords was pretty good......

Grand Theft Auot series 3, vice City san andreas and 4 are pretty good too....

This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground sir. We're not going anywhere."
—SPARTAN-259
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-26-08, 11:42 AM

Kharnage's Flag is: Australia

For me, it's got to be Starcraft and Diablo 2. Loads of fun.

All is dust...
post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-27-08, 06:59 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

CoD4. Online, nothing else comes close.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 08:43 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Tough one, after thinking I'd say some of those that caught my attention in particular and I think very fondly back to or still play would include and in no particular order.

Ragnorak or Valhalla, can't remember which was the name, old, old Spectrum game.

Warsong - on the Genesis, my fave turn based strategy game ever, had to import this from the US, good job the Megadrive was compatable.

Civilization 2 - on the Playstation, played it to death

Monkey Island 1 & 2 - loved them both

Ishtar & Ishtar 2 - loved those games, even if it took my 3 months to get out of the city Island in ishtar 2. One of the first proper 3d RPG games I played with Ishtar, and dang I hated that invisible minotaur.

Doom - still probably my fave fps, just because its mindless fun, couldn't stand Doom 3 after about a week.

Halo and Halo 2 - Just like them as a deccent fps, I connect with the story alot due to the war theme, why I prefer halo over Half life.

Tetris - just for playablility and the fact its addictive

Knights of the 'something' Moon - was a side scrolling game on the older computers, where you chose one of four knights and fought barbarians etc, It was the most bloodthirsty game I had played at that time, and love the decapitation mechanic.

GTA 3 - probably the best for showing where consoles could go, although my fave is still Vice City, 80's connection was brilliant. Oddly never got of the second island on San Andreas and have hardly played GTA IV, think I might have moved on.

Lego Star Wars - the game is just easy to throw on and play, loads of fun.

Dynasty Warriors - possibly my fave action series going, loved pretty much every edition, and say 6 is probably the best due to all the improvements they made.

Silent Hill 2 - Although I loved Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2 was awesome, probably my fave Horror game ever, and still one of my fave movie conversions that have been done. I liked Silent Hill 3 but haven't been compelled to finish it yet, 4 was awful, and I await Homecoming on the 360 eagerly.

Road Rash 3DO - although I've liked all the megadrive versions of the game and would love to see a remake based on the early games, the 3DO version with the rock soundtrack and over the top characterization of the riders was brilliant and still sticks with me.

Zelda - on the SNES, haven't liked any Zelda game since this one, but this was one of the games I really enjoyed compleating, and did so more than once.

Shining Force - A spiritual successor to Warsong in my eyes, love the game still hope SEGA might do a new one eventually.

Powerstone - possibily one of the best Beat em ups ever, awesome fun, can't believe it hasn't turned up on the newer machines yet.

Soul Blade - a beat em with swords, whast not to love, liked Soul Calibre as well, plan on getting 4 as soon as I have some spare cash.

Resident Evil 2 - Probably in my view the best horror game alongside Silent Hill 2, haven't liked the change of style on Resi since 4.

and finally
Final Fantasy VII - it took months to finish, but this to me is possibly the best RPG game ever, it certainly has one of the best stories I've played. If a remake ever happens, I'm there.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 10-02-08 at 09:43 PM. Reason: finishing post after work.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 09:19 PM

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

I don't know if it was made in '02 (Maybe in '03) but Secret Weapons over Normandy. It just felt like running around with an airfix spitfire and setting fire to a stuka and chucking it out the window. The final 3 missions were a terrible disappointment, especially the D-Day one. I don't care if it was a real weapons project, a giant boss plane is fucking dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-02-08, 09:51 PM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Football Manager series by Sports Interactive.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii in Space View Post
Final Fantasy VII - it took months to finish, but this to me is possibly the best RPG game ever, it certainly has one of the best stories I've played. If a remake ever happens, I'm there.
WOO! 19th best selling game ever! 2nd best for sony! woo! I did a project on this for my course. Definitely my most loved game. Personal best completing it was 36 hours.... Dams proud of that

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 02:25 AM

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Hmmn. Well I'd have to go with Xenogears for PS 1. I loved the game so much. I'm really sad to see that it wasn't taken a step further, but Square FF series has really run a monopoly over the creative minds at Square Enix.
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 10-14-08, 03:58 PM

aM | Gunslinger's Flag is: Wales

i would say balders gate but on the N64 i was allways a massive fan of banjo and kazooie

I have a rendezvous with death, At some disputed barricade, it may be that he shall take my hand, and lead me into his dark land, and close my eyes and quench my breath, I have a rendezvous with death, and i to my pledged word am true, i shall not fail that rendezvous...

Quote:
I won't remove the thread. This is an example of how Heresy members should not act toward other forum members, and seriously, don't pull the free speech bullshit. You're free to say what I allow you to say.
- jezlad

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode