WAR opinions? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-11, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default WAR opinions?

Ok, I have for over half a year had the "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning" collectors edition sitting here on the shelves, and I was thinking of installing it now that I got a new laptop.

I have played the trial on my old comp, and I was pretty fond of it, but I only played it for half an hour or so, cause my old laptop was absolute crap and lagged stuff up so totally that everything almost blew up.

So, any long time players here who would want to share their opinions about the game? Is it worth paying the sum of money it costs to play in the month and all that?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 01:39 PM

Well first off if you've never installed it or opened it you might still have one month free. As to the actual game:

It had a lot of potential, and I think the character classes are still the most enjoyable I've ever played. I also loved the setting, obviously, so that drew me in as well.

The main thing you have to decide is whether you like PVE or PVP more. If you like PVE and don't really care for PVP I wouldn't really bother with WAR. They are adding more and more to do as far as PVE goes, but I just found the combat bland and not fun. I can't explain it, but it just felt poorly done.

If you like PVP, you need to play it, even if just until Tier 3. Tier 1 is, in my opinion, the most fun part of the game. There is almost no CC at that point, and everyone feels pretty fun and high powered. The higher you get, the more CC everyone has, until in Tier 4 you and 4 people with you are stunlocked until dead by aoe cc.

Granted, last time I played was months ago, so I can't really speak for the state of the game now. If you've never tried it except for half an hour, I'd play it. You'll probably quit within a month, but $15 (if you don't have the free month) for a months REALLY fun PVP/RVR is worth it in my opinion. After that it just became too frustrating for me to enjoy it at all. I still want to go back and try the new Skaven race they added. Rat people are my favorite.

Hope this helped, and I hope you are one of those people who just loves the game.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-11, 05:03 AM

StalkerZero's Flag is: USA

I played it for about three months. It was definitely a nice diversion (especially with how early they let you in to PvP).

Overall it had a few balance issues I didn't like. But, if I had more time for MMOs I'd still be playing it now.

There really wasn't anything that stood out in the game that said to me "this makes this game suck."

Although, I will admit most of the "this game is awesome!" moments did happen in the first 10 levels and then after that it was more of "this game isn't WoW [played for five years] and looks gorgeous".

Deep gratitude to Varakir for the signature.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-11, 09:03 AM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've gotta say I absolutely love this game, the only trouble was that my PC was too rubbish to play it and I had to play it on my GF's PC. And then she decided she liked it and we had to share, bad times. I ran out of time to play it, with modelling, painting, playing, gym, guitar, xbox, wii. There just isn't enough time.

Two stand out moments for me are:
Defending a huge keep as a Dwarf Engineer buffing cannons and taking potshots and witch elves (grrr) with my rifle.

And playing a scenario in a volcano (can't remember what it was called) and using my Ironbreakers ability to knock back to blast Chaos Chosen miles into the lava, mwahahahaha!

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode