Homefront - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

Default Homefront

Well, as most of you know, Kaos Studios has released their latest game, "Homefront". From all the trailers and videos and photos from the site, it all looks great. But is the game as great as it looks? Anyone who bought it have anything to say about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-11, 01:00 AM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

Not yet, but I'm apprehensive about the plot. North Korea? Really? It's already a nearly meaningless country and even it's allies are trying to distance themselves from their idiotic actions. The only reason there's any interest at all is because shoot some South Koreans once in a while.

China would have been better...

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-11, 01:24 AM

Blueberrypop's Flag is: USA

The game is pretty good IMO. The campaign is extremely short though so unless you want it for multiplayer then I wouldn't recommend buying it. Have you played it yet Geist?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-11, 01:35 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's selling point was it's single player.

Hence why stocks dropped 26% for THQ on release.

The MP of Medal of Honor was fucked up, and the 3-4 hour single player caused shares to drop 6% for EA.

I'll let you do the maths. Already deleted my copy of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-11, 03:47 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

I speak from the perspective of someone who has bought the game. It is NOT worthy to the money I paid for it, roughly 60USDs. The graphics are darker than CoD Black Ops (more realistic it what it means, but it hardly compensates).

The single player was hashed together by a trio of monkeys who thought they were baking a cake rather than making a video game. The characters are uninspired, the graphics (which surprisingly change between single player and multiplayer) are utterly forgetful. The plot, while it looks awesome on the previews, falls very short from the mark.

I actually turned the game off ten minutes after turning it on and shaking my head before going to find something better to do. I put it back in the next day hoping God had merely clouded my vision. Nope -- it still sucked.

The only redeeming quality of the game is actually the multiplayer which has better graphics than single player, and on top of that it has very big maps but puts enough players to keep you engaged and moving. The inclusion of vehicles is a breath of fresh air, and the Ground Control mission-objective is relatively good at giving you the feeling of actually fighting in a war.

My final score is 5/10. Do NOT buy it now, and waste your money, wait until the price drops to a more reasonable 30USDs, and then buy it. And once you do, DO NOT play Single Player or you will throw it against the wall and set your game console on fire in vengence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-11, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

thanks for the reviews! I wasn't really planning on buying the game right now anyways, i usually wait for a couple months for the price to drop...but yeah, since i'm not a very experienced video gamer, this game may be a challenge to me haha. i'll give it a shot in a few months, i can wait
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-11, 12:52 AM

Unfortunatley I wasted money on this the day it came out.

The single player is a horrid affair, its short, lifeless and linear.
It felt to me like a shooter on the rails game like Time Crisis, duck behind barrels shoot some bad guys, move forward throw a grenade at a shitty giraffe like gun turret, duck again, rinse and repeat.

Multiplayer is a solid unspectacular affair, doesnt really offer anything new, just a lot of people in a match, big whoop.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 12:28 AM
Ninja

marxalvia's Flag is: USA

From the sounds of things, it looks like I was the only one to enjoy it. But then again, I love hypothetical scenarios where the US actually gets invaded. overall I will give it 8 out of 10 stars
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 01:45 AM

I would have liked the story a bit more if it was the Chinese, they said they were going for a situation that COULD hypothetically happen, then completely bitch out and use Korea 2.0
Although credit, where credit is due, the opening sequence on the bus was ok

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-11, 05:43 AM

Guarder22's Flag is: USA

I give it a 7/10 The singleplayer left me wondering where the rest of the campaign went. But the multiplayer pretty much redeemed the games. It seemed like it combined a little of battlefield MP and CoD MP and then made them better. I quite enjoyed it but the singleplayer almost killed it for me.

My suggestion is wait until it drops to about $40 or less, and once it does buy it.

If you can't beat them, call in an airstrike.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode