Battlestar Galactica Online Beta - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Battlestar Galactica Online Beta

I had a chance to play the BSG online beta last night and unfortunately while I had high hopes for this game, those hopes crashed and burned

Starting out with spaceborne combat, I could only watch in horror as Tricia Helfer's computer generated image guided me through... pressing buttons and then watching as my cylon raider fired with all the grace of a staggering drunk. Worse yet the graphics are so outdated I'm surprised the designers bothered to include them at all.

When I saw the trailer I thought great, a nice bit of space fighter combat and some good first-person shooter elements, but now I'm just glad I can save my money when the actual game is released. Anyone who is a fan of the series is going to be dissapointed by this game. When you consider this comes on the back of another exceptionally poor offering and oh the Xbox game that was so hard a lot of people complained they couldn't get past the first mission, what is it going to take to give us a good BSG game?

If any of the designers should by any chance be reading this, then the following can be considered the damming summary on your game. It was so poor that I went back to playing the original Crimson Skies game, a game that is eleven years old. Yet it was still far superior to your reprehensible offerings.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode