Rift, Come play Folks! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Default Rift, Come play Folks!

Well despite my reserves about it i bought rift....and i must say DAMN its fun! You can build any type of char you want and find some way to kick ass with it, and the crafting system is Entertaining to do for a change! If anyone else bought the game or wants to play let me know, i just hit level 20 as a mage (Well...Necromancer\warlock\Cholomancer...) and can make leather\cloth gear along with rune upgrades. So ya.....toss me a pm if rift interests you or post here maybe we can get a heresy guild going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 03:03 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch King of Angmar View Post
i just hit level 20 as a mage (Well...Necromancer/warlock/Cholomancer...)
lolwut?

What's this game all about? I'm bored with WoW cause there's scant endgame and getting gear is too time consuming for me. What does Rift have that makes it more fun than WoW?

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 07:10 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

If I were to ever want to play WoW, I'd play WoW.

I refuse to play an MMO that only had the selling point of "LOOK! EXACT SAME MECHANICS BUT WE'RE NOT WOW! LOOK AT HOW HARD WE PROVE THIS BY MAKING AN AD CAMPAIGN POINTING OUT WE'RE NOT WOW!"

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Galus View Post
lolwut?

What's this game all about? I'm bored with WoW cause there's scant endgame and getting gear is too time consuming for me. What does Rift have that makes it more fun than WoW?
Better Story, better Graphics, More balanced leveling curve. Anyhow the gear you make in rift with professions is WORTH using unlike wow! (that alone is major) Also the base for the classes are the following

Warrior (Token big ass weapon dude)
Mage (Im Squishy)
Cleric (Not cloth healer, a big mace wielding, mail clad bad ass)
Rogue (What the hell do you expect....they do it from behind)

from the base class you branch off into 7 different "souls" that let you mix and make a class of your own! For example if you want to be a PURE Defense tank or pvper you would take 3 defense classes and mix them, or if you want to be dps as a mage you can take one of the support souls for healing ability's to mix in. (thats what i did 2 offensive, 1 support that i just have for the basic ability) ...this may sound complicated but its really easy to figure out here is a link to the class page.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/index.php

Oh i should also mention as you progress through the game you will eventually end up with all the souls for the base class to play with in different builds.

But all in all the game is really fun, the "rift" events and invasions of your citys\so on are all scaled to amount of people in a zone and there level!

Also...

Despite what everyone says the game is NOT A WOW CLONE.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:54 AM
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks pretty good, I like the classes idea and I have been thinking of getting back into a MMO game. Does it have a trial ?

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 12:47 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Its basically just like WOW but with few things that make it different. Public quests taken from Warhammer, Multi-classes taken from other games, Invasion system seen in other games etc.. Its not a bad game, but i wouldnt recommend it to anyone bored to WOW.

There are better MMO games there, not just lvl-based quest grinding games.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned

There is currently no trial since The game is brand new. And as an ex-wow player I can say rift has ton to offer to those bored of Warcraft.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 09:14 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

witch king, would help if we knew what server your on. Im on Seastone currently (I liekz mah pvp)

as a Vetran of MMOs, I have this to say to you escentric players who see it as a WoW clone: its not, its similar to wow... like almost EVERY OTHER MMO OUT THERE, including the ones that were out long before WoW was even thought of.

Rift has had one of the cleanest Launches of any mmo i have ever seen. Bugs that are found are already fairly quickly being taken care of. the games balance is not perfect, but its to be expected since people have not tested every combination against every combination to see where everything lays.

the game is by far not a WoW ripoff, even though they did make an ad that said were not in azeroth anymore.

The point is: WoW has become dull Graphically, and despite them changing the classes, the core of most of the classes are still the same, a paladin is still a paladin. The point I am making here is: yes the mechanics in rift might be Similar to WoW, but thats like saying BF:BC2 has the same mechanics as CoD:MW1. its a fact of the MMO genere.

What Rift has done, is take the good from WoW (which WoW stole from other games pretty much), IE: the ability to level to end game solo if you so choose, dungeons that scale in difficulty, the first ones are easy, the second ones are decently challenging, 5 man groups etc. And alot of the Generic MMO setups, colours of the different chats, the "1 to =" button setup. Ontop of that taken from WAR allowing you to fully customize the UI at a whim without the need of addons, IE: where you have your bars positioned, how many extra bars you have, scale of everything, where your unit frames are located, etc.

Please dont be idiots, do not judge a game from mechanics alone in the same Genere, since many, MANY games have similar, if not Identical 'mechanics' especially in RPG type games.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Good point im on Estrael, Its RP-PVE my mage is named Elzanith so toss me a pm in game, i should be on in an hour or too. (Also got my guild made and got some cool people so far) Oh ya....also im a Guardian, high elf to be exact.

Last edited by Azkaellon; 03-18-11 at 09:56 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 10:55 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hm i've seen trailers/screenshots/concept art and the like for this and i'll admit its impressive-looking but it just doesn't really drag me in. Plus its pay to play which is always a pain in the ass. What exactly is the leveling situation like, if grinding is involved then no damn way.

Also what is that new avatar you have there Witch King, its familiar to me but I can't recall why.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode