The Great Crusade: Total War - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Default The Great Crusade: Total War

I immediately apologise -- there is no such game to my knowledge. Fans of the Total War series probably will despise me for giving thought to such an idea -- but hear me out.

I believe a perfect mix is simply waiting to happen. The mechanics and engines and the general feel of the Total War series combined with the Great Crusade would be simply mind-blowing.

Imagine this -- you are given eighteen factions, one for each of the Legio Astartes and told to conquor the Galaxy in the name of the Emperor. You must defeat Eldar, Xenos (all different kinds), Orks, ect, ect. Then of coarse there may come a time for the Heresy, and instead of it being the boring standard heresy -- the game could simply randomly pick one of the legions to be the Arch-Traitor (including you, but you'd have a choice to accept it or not, if you decline then the game would pick another).

Imagine the possibilties.

Or perhaps, if I am truly blessed by God, there may already be whispers of such a game? Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 12:21 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The scale couldn't be captured by Sega's close mindedness. Also, RTS doesn't translate well elite rapid striking forces - they're either OP'd, or crocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 04:25 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

No computer could handle the scales. There would be hundreds of thousands of units per side.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 10:19 AM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

In addition who wants to play factions that are near-identical, not to mention boring to begin with?

Total War works best on a small scale, and it works best when dealing with history, that's why I may have to save up to get my laptop upgraded for Shogun 2.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-11, 11:57 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

They should first make Warhammer Fantasy Total War game. Engine is better suited for melee formations anyway, without any high mobility units like tanks, flyers etc.. There is already Warhammer mod under work actually, for Medieval 2 game. And it looks good but still needs work.

I believe now newest engine for Total War game, can put max 56,000 troops on battlefield same time but i wonder what computer could handle that. Even though company loves to make historical games, think they should try atleast 1 game totally set on fantasy environment. Then we would have really different factions to play with.

There should be lot of modifications to engine needed to see 40k transferred under this game. Battlefields should contain much more terrain, since warfare on open plain would be over. And troops just dont stand & shoot other units when under fire. If this game would be made realistically, i dont see much melee units really surviving without heavy terrain advantage.

Total War series might be greatest that ever hit PC, own them all.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode