What Xbox 360 Games do you reccommend? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Default What Xbox 360 Games do you reccommend?

So, yeah, basically I've got a lot of games to choose from and no idea where to begin.

Here's the games that I already own:
  • Project Gotham 4
  • Assasin's Creed Brotherhood
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Wars
  • Fifa 09
  • Forza Motorsport 2
  • Gears of War 2

And, here's the games that I think I might get:
  • Star Wars, the Force Unleashed 2
  • R.U.S.E
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Space Marine (Upon Release)
  • Halo: Reach
  • Gears of War 3 (Upon Release)
  • Fifa 12 (Upon Release)

Bearing in mind, as the title mentioned, these are all games for the 360. So fire away, and tell me what games I should get, should I bother getting any of the ones listed above and are there any other games I should pick up?

Bane of Kings Out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 04:14 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

BlOps, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 (when released), MoH2 (when released).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 04:48 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Get Halo:Reach for sure, it is a great game with a fantastic, albeit sad ending. R.U.S.E wasn't really all that great, I wouldn't suggest getting it. Black Ops is pure shit on a stick, I would shy away from that POS whenever possible and go with MW2; the story is much better, you won't get a migraine from the stupid flashes, and the multi is much better. If you own a 360, and appreciate a good story along with great game play, you must get Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. They have to be the single greatest RPGs I have ever played. Another great series is the Dead Space games, the first one is meh, but the second is amazing and great for a good spook. Bullet Storm is also great fun, especially when you just want to blow shit up.

Just to list them:
  • Mass Effect
  • Mass Effect 2
  • MW2
  • Reach
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Bullet Storm

EDIT: I would also suggest looking at Fable: The Lost Chapters. Best of the Fable games by a long shot.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 03-12-11 at 04:51 PM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 04:53 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
  • Star Wars, the Force Unleashed 2 - A big pile of steaming shit.
  • R.U.S.E - Looks interesting.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - Single: Shit, Multi: average.
  • Space Marine (Upon Release) - Let's not delude ourselves. All GW games are shit, I don't see this being any different.
  • Halo: Reach - Single: Average, Multi: Average.
  • Gears of War 3 (Upon Release) - Looks like more of the same. GoW2 is probably gonna be as good as the series gets.
  • Fifa 12 (Upon Release) - Save yourself $60 and get some friends together and just play it in RL.
I picked up Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for $10, and it's actually surprisingly fun. Blowing zombie-cowboy's heads off is oddly therapeutic. Good value for money.

Assassin's Creed 2 is essentially a longer, better version of brotherhood. If you can find it for cheap grab it.

The Orange Box is also pretty much mandatory, Portal alone is worth it's weight in gold.

Bioshock #1 is loads of fun and money well spent. Condemned, Dragon Age and Mass Effect are also pretty good.

There's probably more I've forgot, so that's my 2 cents.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 05:07 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Get Reach, wait for Space Marine. The Force Unleashed II is good, but it is more or less just about slaughtering half the Imperial army, and the ending was... Odd... To me...

And do not get Black Ops what the hell ever you do, that steaming pile of dog shit is not worth it.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Thanks for the suggestions guys. At the moment, I'm leaning towards Assassin's Creed 2, Halo Reach and possibly Mass Effect?

Bane of Kings Out.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 06:39 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. At the moment, I'm leaning towards Assassin's Creed 2, Halo Reach and possibly Mass Effect?
Good list, although AC2 was a bit.... meh, but then again that might just be because I think the entire premise is retarded. Reach and ME are two must have games for any good 360 library. Be warned though, if you fuck shit up in the first ME it stays fucked up in the second ME.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 06:54 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

skip space marine, skip force unleashed, as said GW games are always crap these days, just look at recent evidence, every GW gae has been shite, and force unleashed both 1 and 2 are just dreadful, just like everything star wars churns out now, its a long dead series.

skip Fifa, a football is cheaper, more social and is exercise
wouldn't bother with GoW 3, 1 was ok, 2 was bland, and 3 looks like its gonna be a copy and paste of 2

you may as well just get black ops for the multiplayer (hell even the single is better than that shite medal of honor), Halo reach for the single player and RUSE just for looking interesting, oh and mass effect just for being great.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-11, 08:00 PM

Mass effect, good but not great, gives you advantages in the second game, be warned don't fuck it up first time around or your play through of mass effect 2 will reain the poor choices you made in the first game.

Mass effect 2, no words to describe how brilliant this game is, Seriously a "must have".

Dragon age Meh it's alright bu nothing special the second is like the mass effect series much better.

Red Dead is also a game that you must have, the storyline and gameplay are both epic.

Assassins Creed 2 is good but Desmond is still there, why I have no idea.

Liked the storyline of Reach, also your enemy is now evil rather than comical.

Agree with Stella on Fifa just play actual football.

But I'm gonna try space marine it looks promising to me.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 08:02 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have to say do not bother with the force unleashed 2, it really is dire, I love star wars games and the force unleashed games are terribly rushed messes

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode