League of Legends! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-11, 06:59 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

add meeeeeee.....

I be rocking Mordekaiser with Zetrophla as my name. :D

I agree with "Using Your Characters properly will get you results" opinion. All the Characters are built to do a specific job perfectly and some balance out to fill other roles so they dont really have an advantage at anything except diversity. Some characters are nukers, some are tanks, each has a role to play. There's a difference in playstyles too and its all about timing. Also on how you build your character equipment wise, tree wise and rune wise and I like the amount of characters they give you. So many choices! :D

My one peeve is : NEED MORE MAPS!!!! xD i get bored playing the same 2 maps all the time. treeline is nice twist, but the coop-ai needs more maps for replayability and the ai characters need to be more random as the same characters are often played a lot.

If you need a opinion on whether to play LoL or HoN then read this review (and also the comments)!!!

http://www.1up.com/features/clash-do...legends-heroes

LoL in my mind is just better overall. Better community, better taste and a lot more customization then HoN.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.

Last edited by XxDreMisterxX; 04-11-11 at 07:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-11, 03:03 PM

LoL is fucking bad. The only pro-strat is to curbstomp people in gangs.

As long as you can chill out in a mob of other people, you can't physically lose the game, just target one person on the opposing side who had the unfortunate tactic of not rolling five deep and kill the fuck out of them. You will now kill the rest of the team who doesn't immediately sprint away.

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-11, 07:55 PM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

Its a matter of "Bait" and "Lure" and ambush. A good player will know how to win in a 2v1 and of course would lose a 5v1, but that leaves the entire map open for the rest of the other team to do stuff uncontested. Its all about teamwork, and no matter what game you play and what other Dota variant, Your always going to get strats like ganks around because its just so much easier to kill people when you mob in groups. Only a noob would attempt to fight a 5 strong mob.

HoN is a proud example of the mob system. I even heard people rage quit from being mobbed because they cant handle it. Play smart and use your character correctly and victory is around that corner. All about outsmarting the other team.

Also I have seen plenty of pro's solo 1,2 or even 3 people by themselves because they know how to play right. Some characters can get downright silly when it comes to stuff, but some games just have their op characters sometimes. (Ashe, Warwick, Cassieopia, Vladmir, Brand, and Fiddlesticks and many more are really strong when played right. Yelling OP is like yelling cheese in 40k because its the battlecry of the unprepared. xD)

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.

Last edited by XxDreMisterxX; 04-15-11 at 07:59 PM.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Right! Giant fecking bump here!

With Dominion coming out soon, and the competitive scene coming ever growing, I figure this would be a good time to post!

After trying Dominion, I can tell you that it's fast paced, completely different to Summoners Rift, and hilarious. It feels exactly how a capture point scenario
SHOULD.
As well as kills/deaths, there is a personal and team score, with points awarded for everything from taking a point to denying an enemy a healthpack. If you get the chance, I'd strongly suggest giving the beta a go! Just know that global ults can change everything very quickly, and most of what you know from SR doesn't really apply so much.

Now pretty much using only one account. OxyNeur0. Need to get it up to 30, ideally before season 2 starts properly.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 03:52 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

Dominion is a cool map, and it's nice to have something different but some people don't understand how to play the map.

My first game, I saw my whole team running counter clockwise to hit every point. The other team was doing the same thing. Made for a long funny match.

If people want someone to play with feel free to add me, I go by Wusword77.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 01:44 PM

Add me up if you want a game, same IGN as here.

MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-11, 01:44 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Dawnstar07

Add me if anyone wants a game sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-11, 01:52 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Just wondering why doesnt everyone play the original, DotA? Anyway, should i lay LoL? Ive heard good things about it, but ive heard even better things about DotA, and Ive never played either. Which is better, why, and what about HoN? What is that?

Last edited by JAMOB; 10-03-11 at 01:54 AM. Reason: lol... HoN not HoH...
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-11, 02:20 AM
Curiouser and Curiouser

Well, all three are fairly similar so when it comes down to preference, it's usually a somewhat fine line you divide the three by. These are the reasons that I prefer LoL though.

1) I hate creep denying. To me, it adds needless levels of time and complexity to the game. You are forced to pay attention to more variables and by denying farm, the game length can increase considerably as long as players are competent and not dying early.

2) I really enjoy the more vibrant art style that LoL has. The champions just feel more unique to me and I thought HoN had a darker, more realistic art style that I didn't care for in this kind of game.

3) The LoL community is not as bad as DoTA or HoN. This is completely anecdotal, but I've had much worse experiences with those two games than with LoL. Don't get me wrong though, you need tough skin for any one of these three games and you will be thrashed for playing poorly in a ranked or even regular game. I do enjoy they offer vs AI games though so you can practice a new champion.

4) I havn't played HoN or DoTA in a while, but currently LoL is quite balanced barring unequal player skill. Many champions have their good points and bad ones, and while you have your top tier and low tier champions, these differences don't really come to light until much higher ranks in the game. Most of those champions considered top tier right now are about to get a round of nerfs though so no champion should really be too crazy.

If you do get involved with LoL, try out the free weekly rotations of champions until you find a couple you like. You progressively earn IP after every game and you can use that instead of real money to buy champions, so use this to buy the few champions you enjoy. Money is only useful to buy stuff faster, or to buy skins.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-11, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Just wondering why doesnt everyone play the original, DotA? Anyway, should i lay LoL? Ive heard good things about it, but ive heard even better things about DotA, and Ive never played either. Which is better, why, and what about HoN? What is that?
Because LoL's devteam is led by one of the original developers and is geared for ever-expanding content. DotA, however, is limited by the engine as to what can be done with it. Some people prefer it, but that's just preference (and why DotA 2 is being made).

Heroes of Newerth is basically DotA for people who hate themselves and want to be a snidey cunt about everyone who doesn't fit their opinion of how people should play. It's got a lot of nice features and does work very well, but unfortunately they're overshadowed by the piss-poor community even in comparison to other MOBA games.

Also, Icefrog is a cock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode