Devil May Cry 2010 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Dmc: Devil May Cry

Its been confirmed that two new projects are underway. The first is a brand new Devil May Cry video game, which will re-set the series in modern times and with Dante sporting a new look.

Personally I think he needs his classic white hair. Other then that I have no complaints about this, can't wait .

Edit: For those who want to complain about how Dante looks this quote from Capcom may make you a bit more receptive.

Quote:
In an interview, Capcom revealed that they knew Dante's new look would be met with negative backlash and that they pressed forward with this in mind: DmC is an origin story.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1129209p1.html
So hopefully Dante will get his classic white hair in the game, not that he doesn't look cool in his younger incarnation.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...&mode=previews

And the second project is a Devil May Cry film, the script has been started and the rights secured. Get the right actor and right story and this could be a really good film, as long as Dante's sarcastic wit is still present.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6301350.html

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Last edited by Lord of the Night; 03-01-11 at 09:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 09:31 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

please let it die, the last game stank, and if that...thing is his new look, ugh.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 09:55 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

<--- Desperately hopes for a effective reboot of the old game.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
please let it die, the last game stank, and if that...thing is his new look, ugh.
Very quick to form a negative opinion. Thats your choice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
<--- Desperately hopes for a effective reboot of the old game.
Well I haven't actually played the games before but I have seen most of them, this new game will use the Unreal Engine. Thats been used in games like Batman Arkham Asylum, Gears of War and Bioshock to name a few, so the primary mechanics could be very much improved.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 10:55 PM

search116's Flag is: USA

this is a prequel to DMC
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 10:59 PM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

I thoroughly enjoy the DMC series and I have played ALL 4 of the DMC games from PS2 to Xbox 360 and I currently own the newest one excluding the one in development. I find the system and gameplay style is very enjoyable and entertaining, though the plot length and story can be dreary sometimes especially with the introduction of Nero, who i dont really like, maybe because of poor character development or the fact he screams emo and is a cheap Dante knock off. (Virgil will always be the best!! xD)

My hopes for the new game: New look sucks, like his classic hair style wayyy better even if it has been done in 4 games so far, though if the developers feel they have to stray then i dont mind and just hope the game will embrace the true essence and heart of DmC in the new game instead of making profound changes to excite old gamers which could lead to disaster. (Only new change i will accept is the bringing back of Virgil!!)

Thought on movie: The movie might turn out good. A very big might. Movies have been known to ruin even the best of stuff, so i hope they dont completely screw it up. The anime series was crap. Stopped watching it after a few episodes. Just didnt feel right to me i guess.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 11:08 PM

i am waiting to see how the game plays while yes my fave look for Dante was the young one in DMC3 im intrested to see how this "new" version will turn out
on another note might get the new look in MVC3?

"The human whose name is written in this note shall die."
The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-11, 05:57 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Very quick to form a negative opinion. Thats your choice though.
based on previous games and this new look...yes, very quick, but very secure with the evidence we have currently, so I'll stick with it.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-11, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

New screenshots have been released for DmC, confirming that Dante's look has changed. For one thing he doesn't look like a drug addict anymore.

I've got to say, he's looking a lot better now. Granted he still lacks the white hair that completes Dante's look but i'm sure he'll get it during the game. Then he'll be the sarcastic devil hunter that we all know and love.

Lord of the Night
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25yw4k3.jpg (1.43 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg TITau.jpg (247.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg jTD4S.jpg (206.1 KB, 2 views)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-11, 02:19 PM

Raizer Sabre's Flag is: England

as cool an idea as it sounds, that is not dante. hair aside, the face is totally different too..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode