Spawn Trapping - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Spawn Trapping

I hate this in shooters. And it's mostly apparent in games such as this -

People blame the players for abusing it, which is fair enough, but after 4 years of abuse since before even CoD4, its high times that this is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 08:42 PM

Dagmire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thats why BBc2 is awesome

Please listen to my PODCAST

http://www.theoverlords.co.uk/podcast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaraknarn
This unholy amalgum of womanly sexiness with unfathomable macho should never have been created. Birth rates will plummit, the entire male population will be turned, women kind everywhere will cry desperately to ravished, but no man will heed the call except Dagmire himself. Perhaps this has been Dagmires plan all along. . . . . .
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

I really need to buy that again. I'm missing being able to Snipe.

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 09:11 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why the hell would anyone choose to keep playing them? Only similar game I play is DoD:source and spawn camping on that is hard... but sometimes youget a cheaty ass who hacks to make it possible. If you can abuse a map to do the same I would still consider it cheating and would stop playing almost the instant it happened, certainly wouldn't get knifed in the back on spawn more then twice before I left.

Cheating is anything where you dont let the opponents play fair- and I'm guessing that team would leave the instant another team got in there first and started doing the same thing to them.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

It was obviously an agreed game, hence, boosting. I couldn't really care less about it, as it's not ruining my fun if they boost. However, if they boost on me, I'd instantly drop.

I do the same though on Demolition - get the first bomb, then spend the next five minutes getting kills as they swarm around the final objective - frequently get 10.0+ KD ratio games there.

The problem is, fixed spawns. Sitting behind a spawn point, and netting kills of 5-6 with a single melee attack is not right. I've had plenty of issue with Spawn Trapping in Demo, or kills where I'll turn a corner, and get blatted, because they sit JUST outside the radius.

Instead of having fixed spawn points, is it not too hard to have spawn area's, dependant on ratio's, the field of vision of enemies, and number of deaths in a previous area?

Also, the targetting of Kill Streaks in a particular area. My personal view isthat control of KS's should be completely AI - and give the AI actual combat tactics. I.e - hovering over a particular point at 20 metres is asking for rifle fire. When you see Apache's and the like in Stan, they'll acquire target from 2 clicks away, and then go nose down, make an attack run, bank, and do the same.

Alternatively, make bullets more damaging - i.e the ability to target a the Door Gunner will render the Chopper Gunner useless, or killing the pilot with a bullet will cause it to crash.

Dogs and the like which ACTIVELY hunt you out, particularly when you have Chopper Gunner + Dogs out at the same time - force them inside, and then have an instagib near untargetable attack dog run in and kill a room in 2 seconds. What knobber thought that was good? And it's not just rage for not using, it's the fact that I don't like winning Team Deathmatch Games inside 3 minutes and going 20:2:7 K:De:Dr.

Quote:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 10:25 PM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

That is solely a game design issue.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong as far as playing goes with shutting out your opposition, and it wouldn't be possible if there were more, and better thought out, spawn points.

See, you don't get this happening in Quake 3, best multiplayer FPS of all time, because that was back when iD knew what the hell they were doing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode