Amnesia & co. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

666JasonDark666's Flag is: Germany

Default Amnesia & co.

So I recently finished to play through Penumbra: Black Plague and Amnesia The Dark Descent and I don' t think I' ll play these games again for a while cuz they scared THE SHIT outta me =D. I mean Penumbra: Overture was ok because u could "kill" or at least "fight" your enemyes and It was still creepy, but Black Plague and ESPECIALLY Amnesia really fucked up my shit, dosen' t not matter If during daytime or nightime (so If u want u can call me a pussy now I don' t care =3)
So I think these two games are a true masterpiece, I mean the sound was awesome the aura these games spread was delightfully terrifying and the atmosphere was incredible especially in Amnesia (again i know), I am not gonna talk about textures and graphics because If u want to play a graphics game u can go on and play Crysis or some other games wich I don' t remember at the momnet

So my question is: are there any other games like the ones from Frictional Games ? I don' t wanna hear Silent Hill or RE cuz In my opinion (after playing through Amnesia) these games aren' t scary at all ( no offense to the fans of these games I played nearely all of them and they where all good except some)

My second question is: did u play Amnesia or any of the Penumbra games ?
If yes what is your opinion about them (or It) ?

In the end there is only Chaos...
Tyranids: Ragnarök Hivefleet Space Marines: Salamanders Chapter Dark Eldar: Blood Dragon Kabal
Chaos Daemons: Seed Of Destruction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-11, 07:59 PM

I played through Penumbra Overture and Amnesia Dark Descent. Amnesia really got to me, and I had to start playing it in the daytime with the lights on and my wife around to laugh at me and ease the tension. No one should be ashamed about being afraid because of these games, after all, that is the point of the game.

As far as I know you won't find any other games where you really can't fight back and are always on the edge of your seat. Most other 'scary' games give you the ability to fight what attacks you, such as Bioshock (spooked me the first time I played it) or Dead Space. I'd say your best bet would be Resident Evil 5. I know some people loved it, but with it's broken controls and inability to move and chew gum at the same time, you might as well be helpless. Not really scary though.

Again, I think your best bet is to wait for a sequel to Amnesia.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-11, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

666JasonDark666's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticStrain View Post
I played through Penumbra Overture and Amnesia Dark Descent. Amnesia really got to me, and I had to start playing it in the daytime with the lights on and my wife around to laugh at me and ease the tension. No one should be ashamed about being afraid because of these games, after all, that is the point of the game.

As far as I know you won't find any other games where you really can't fight back and are always on the edge of your seat. Most other 'scary' games give you the ability to fight what attacks you, such as Bioshock (spooked me the first time I played it) or Dead Space. I'd say your best bet would be Resident Evil 5. I know some people loved it, but with it's broken controls and inability to move and chew gum at the same time, you might as well be helpless. Not really scary though.

Again, I think your best bet is to wait for a sequel to Amnesia.
I hope there won' t be a sequal cuz It would kill the game...
Well I think I' ll give dead space a try...

In the end there is only Chaos...
Tyranids: Ragnarök Hivefleet Space Marines: Salamanders Chapter Dark Eldar: Blood Dragon Kabal
Chaos Daemons: Seed Of Destruction

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode