Soulstorm dark eldar tactics request - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Soulstorm dark eldar tactics request

hi guys! please help me with a good tactics against Tau stronghold in Soulstorm( me playing dark eldar)on normal/hard level.I can't destroy the middle guidance beam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 11:06 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Erh, just spam units at it...? Works with pretty much every army as far as I am concerned. I brought the thing down with just the share amount of numbers when I played. Wave after wave of infantry, and in the end it will fall.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Yes,but i don't have enough time to spam so many units before the fleet arrives...can't produce enough resource in that time...besides if you leave your base lightly defended(in order to deploy many units at the beacon) you're lost:don't have turrets, or mine fields, or cloaking devices to protect your base.And last, you can't deploy very tough units(like Assault veteran or terminators or warp spiders)
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 04:38 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Spam hellions and jump them towards the tau beacon to avoid lengthy fights against them.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 04:44 PM
I am Alpharius.

If it is to hard, play Space Marines.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-11, 06:58 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I thought you'd work Space Marines into this topic somehow Doelago . And I agree with Stephen Newman. Neat tactic.

Bane of Kings Out.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-11, 07:28 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
I thought you'd work Space Marines into this topic somehow Doelago .
You want me to work them in somewhere else? Just point out a thread and the Adeptus Astartes will be there in no time, providing that I aint doing something else or sleeping.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-11, 08:13 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I did a similar with Space Marines except I used 2 terminator units backed up by chappy and libby. When I encountered a tau base I just teleported to the other side. Only sent in that one wave.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-11, 11:24 PM

dark eldar tactics

i think i know how to play dark eldar after many years research. all dark eldar troops are bad except their tier 2.5 and 3 units, or if theyre not bad initially they quickly become obsolete. therefore you need to get wyches as fast as possible. do this: get out 2 mandrakes and 1 archon. then maybe one warrior. focus on researching their squad leader weapons all the time and upgrading your archons weapons. with all the squad leader researches you will get the strongest cc army in soulstorm. if you want to have a good dark eldar army your only option is a close combat army with NO ranged troops. scourges are too weak and take up to much cap. eventually you should have an army of wyches and warp beasts only. get the wyches within 5 or 6 minutes. then you can send 2 or 3 squads to take the objective. once you have this you can try to get the vehicles. the only good vehicles are the tier 3 and tier 4 vehicles, ravens, ravagers and the dais. dont waste resources on vehicles early on and forget about the crappy tier 1 and 2 vehicles. forget the talos as well. good luch

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode