Soulstorm is rubbish - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-08, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

Soulstorm is rubbish

Discuss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-08, 06:34 PM

I thought it was terrible when I first played it. However, once I realized that the campaign was better than it first appeared and that the two new races weren't half bad, I actually felt that it was worth the money I spent on it. If you absolutely despise soulstorm after playing a couple skirmishes or a few campaign battles, try it again. Chances are you'll like it the second time.

Honestly, the campaign is boring and irritating in comparison with dark crusade. However, if I hadn't already played through the dark crusade campaign 5 times, I probably would have loved it. The new HQ missions are awesome (although aircraft can win half of the HQ missions by themselves). The only annoying thing about the campaign is that some provinces and HQs can only be gotten to through one webway gate or province. The first time I played through the campaign, I saved the planet with the necron and eldar HQs for last. Big mistake. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the only way to get to the planet was to defeat a necron-controlled strength 10 province with only the "capture at least half of the critical locations" objective. It's hard to control two critical locations when two squads of pariahs, two necron lords, some squads of necron warriors, and a bunch of tomb spyders are constantly attacking them (fortunately, I had 4 squads of marines, 2 or 3 squads of assault marines, and a bunch of honor guard units on my side). There are two dreadfully terrible facts about the soulstorm campaign that make it worse than dark crusade (at least in my opinion):
1. Unlike dark crusade, if you capture a province in soulstorm your buildings don't stay there. They just disappear, making you have to rebuild them with planetary requisition, which is very precious early on in the game.
2. If your province is attacked by an enemy and you decide to use auto-resolve, nearly all of your garrison forces and buildings are destroyed, no matter what.

Sig made by Tau Chaotix

Last edited by Silb; 04-06-08 at 06:37 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-08, 09:32 PM

Metal Boxes!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cO3MttgvHUYWhat were dialogue writers smoking?

Discuss...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

chrisman 007's Flag is: Christmas Islands

Location: The People's Glorius Republic of the Chrisman Union. Also known as my bedroom.

This is one of BigDickCheney's edited vids. what was he smoking?

Discuss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoRLoKKeD View Post
Buy a beartrap. How will it help in retrospect? Use your imagination. I'm sure you can think of something.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 05:01 PM
Hespithe's Flag is: USA

I haven't messed with Soulstorm at all, and haven't played DoW in over a year, but I must say that the clip just shown was hilarious.... I have a new 'respect' for metal boxes, lol.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-08, 05:53 PM

metal boxes rock in DoW ^_^ they keep the Bloodthirster or avatar busy by chasing them in circles <.<; Don't work so well against Marines or Chaos, or Tau, and Guard....... I don't know about DE and SOB <.<;

"Traitor? Is it Traitors who herald the Future? No, delueded Brother, The Midnight Fangs are not Traitors, we are your Saviours!" Chapter Master Harsu Kartan, Midnight Fangs Chapter.

"We shall tarnish the Ultramarines name, we shall be mistaken for our foolish Brothers. Let the people mistake us now, after the Ultramarines investigate, we shall be recognised for our worth!" 1st Company Captain, Zathos Orberan, Midnight Fangs.

"Only with your death, can Chaos illuminate you, my deluded Brother. And I shall aid you to illunmination!" Assault Captain Zenthus, 3rd Company.

"SIR! Necrons Monoliths incoming! Wait, nope, all fine, they crashed on the Dreads and Preds" Ryalon after Necrons Monoliths dropped by.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-08, 04:28 AM

Psychic Scream's Flag is: Australia

DOW SS is great online !! well i love it cause im pretty good 85&#37; win so far Dont muchlike Dark Elder but sister are ok ! Still luv Orks and elder !! And of course Sm, but EVERYONE uses them
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-08-08, 09:09 AM

They crazy then ^_^ Chaos all the way...... last time I played DoW online I had a 79% win thing, gave up some idiot started crying cos I beat his Avatar with my Daemon Prince....... Having an Army behind you does tend to help ^_^

"Traitor? Is it Traitors who herald the Future? No, delueded Brother, The Midnight Fangs are not Traitors, we are your Saviours!" Chapter Master Harsu Kartan, Midnight Fangs Chapter.

"We shall tarnish the Ultramarines name, we shall be mistaken for our foolish Brothers. Let the people mistake us now, after the Ultramarines investigate, we shall be recognised for our worth!" 1st Company Captain, Zathos Orberan, Midnight Fangs.

"Only with your death, can Chaos illuminate you, my deluded Brother. And I shall aid you to illunmination!" Assault Captain Zenthus, 3rd Company.

"SIR! Necrons Monoliths incoming! Wait, nope, all fine, they crashed on the Dreads and Preds" Ryalon after Necrons Monoliths dropped by.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode