Medal of Honour Vs. Call of Duty - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

WinZip's Flag is: USA

Default Medal of Honour Vs. Call of Duty

So I just played the new Medal of Honour yesterday and have to say that I like it, a lot. Both Call of Duty and Medal of Honour have there ups and downs but I have to say honestly that both are excellent and that if I got bored of playing BOps I could switch to MoH or Vice versa. Which one is your guys favorite? or do you love both of them? and Why?

"Blood cries out to blood they say, so let us spill their blood so we can hear it all the clearer."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 07:11 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

I would say that Medal of Honor is better, but if Activision actually gave a shit about the games they publish, it would make CoD better.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-11, 07:15 PM

Meh of Honour

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 11:57 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

The original Modern Warfare is still the finest FPS ever. The sequels that followed are pale imitations.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 12:08 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
The original Modern Warfare is still the finest FPS ever. The sequels that followed are pale imitations.

This^^^^^^^^

Storyline was better because you actually get attached to the character you played, The missions felt better because for how they played out and It had some great stealth elements to play.

I don't play multiplayer because its a fucking waste of effort to just run and gun all the time.

BUT Medal of honor did have a really good single player mode aswell, good story, some nice aspects, Based upon real enough events (it was taking place in a current war), it worked really well.

I played multiplayer for about 5 minutes then turned it off. Again, wasn't for me.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 07:10 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Never ever felt so attached to a character in a film or movie since the final charge in We Were Soldiers when I saw Rabbit die. The single player is the single most immense story I've pretty much ever played, even better than CoD4 (which is all very Jack Bauer).

It was based on Operation Anaconda - if you read some of the stuff about it, such as Do Or Die (SE Lee), it's miraculous that there was less deaths.

Online - I loved prepatch Bolt Action Snipers - SV89 HP Scopes were awesome, loved them - pretty much turned the game into "who got the high ground". Post patch, the MP7 became the best bar none for CQC, (even P90, as you can actually crack off long range shots thanks to the low recoil, and fast return to base) the EBR/SVD were pretty good (once went 37-14 No scoping most kills on defense in Mazar-I-Sharif Airfield), Pistol idea's were quality. M4 became the weapon of choice though (AK was decent, but the scopes were horrendous for range).

The problem with it? Mostly - EA. Shit servers, hit detection, lag. Less so, lack of full customizability akin to how it would be cool to go.

Best parts - Kill Streaks (help or kill), lack of OTT Controllable killstreaks (something like 8 kills+bonuses for a Predator equivalent), and open maps (yeah, blah, spawn killing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 07:30 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

call of duty is far superior
Medal of honors has had far less good games going by console alone
Medal of honor: good
Underground: shit
Frontline: good
rising sun: shit
European assault: shit
Vanguard: shit
Airborne: complete shit
heroes 2: shit
medal of duty warfare thats modern: utter pile of steaming shit

Call of duty has done allot better
Finest hour: good
big red one: shit
world at war: good
Modern warfare: good
MW 2: good
black ops: good

so 2-5 goods
and 7-1 shits
says it all to me

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-11, 07:36 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

GOt to say CoD is my pick. I love the military accuraccy, and storyline of MoH, but we are talking games not documentaries, and got to say there was never a point where I got so bored that I wanted to take a break from the game in in the last CoD's, more then I can say for some of the MoH series.

After all if I wanted to watch a historically accurate retelling of the war I would watch a documentary (which I often do). However when I want to have fun I will pick up a wartime fantasy like CoD.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Last edited by LukeValantine; 02-08-11 at 05:25 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-11, 04:58 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

i dont know what to think of the First Person shooters out right now.
I like cod but not a big fan of treyarchs work. and i love battle field but not a fan of Bad company. MoH is basically a mix almost but its not that good. i think that the enviorments look great and being a shotgun fan got to say the MoH shotgun is the best since Counter Strike( counterStrike being the best still).
Anyways they all suck BF and MoH both turned into sniper fests, while call of duty has turned into a spray and pray sub machine gun fight.
Try arch has always fucked up the ballance of map size with the SMGs making the SMG to powerful and over used. WaW and Black ops both had this problem.
Infinity ward had something good going with there COD series, because the guns looked and operated very well, but dual weapons and perks really fucked the game up making the game into a tactical knife Cammando spree. i dont know they all have the good side that many will argue but i have to say personally i like COD4 and MW2 the best between the shooters out.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-11, 02:14 AM

Gotta be MoH
never forget it.....PATTERSON HEY PATTERSON!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode