MW3: Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Collaboration - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default MW3: Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Collaboration

http://www.1up.com/news/modern-warfare-3-expected-year

Quote:
Modern Warfare 3 is well into production and is expected to be released this year, according to online reports.

L.A. Times blog Company Town reports that the game -- which has not yet been officially announced -- will be the first Modern Warfare title developed with outside help, as series developer Infinity Ward is said to be sharing single-player development duties with Sledgehammer Games. Singularity and X-Men Origins: Wolverine developer Raven Software is said to be developing the multiplayer component.

Citing "people familiar with the situation," the report says that the game is expected to ship in November, and will be 2011's annual release in the Call of Duty series.

Sledgehammer was originally tapped to develop its own Call of Duty spin-off, often rumored to be a space adventure, but it is rumored that the departure of several key Infinity Ward staff last year caused development of that game to be put on the backburner in order to help Modern Warfare 3 reach completion.

If the November rumor is true, we expect to hear an official announcement either at or just before E3 on June 7.
Interesting. Personally, I'm a bit shocked - I'd hoped that they'd work on patching MW2 (although this could be why they're not) - and they're now just churning it out it seems with a regularity that's disgusting.

And you know the date will be 11/11/11. Down to the cenotaph, lay me wreath, then pick up MW3 and shoot some Jundi's in the face.

So - what are your biggest hopes for MW3?
Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 01-31-11 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 01:09 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

And these are new news? No, its just that I am digging to deep and have good contacts...

Make the game like Call of Duty 4 and I will be so happy! That game was so amazing, especially the campaign! So realistic! I really enjoyed it, unlike MW2 and Black Ops... Those brought a new meaning to the word "unrealistic". Fuck them.

I want to play as "real" SAS troops once again (some fucking Task force 141 does not count), and as normal Marine force soldiers or something, just like in Modern Warfare! That worked well, and was amazing!

Own character customization, Rainbox 6 Vegas 2 style! Extreme weapon customization, not just some pick 1 attachment, or use a perk to get a second one! That was like... [insert facepalm]

A good story, since cod 4 I have not been impressed... They did not give a shit after Cod 4 regarding the story... They just kept up with the ages old multiplayer, which if we are to be honest, start to feel a bit old, to old for its own good one could say...

Some vehicles would be cool...

Also, stop keeping the game up with all the hype, for lets face it, Black Ops was a good game, but it was far, very far, from being great... And still it sold like fucking billions! C`mon, thats just cause some fat 9 year olds are all like "Mum, I needz CoD to be cool! Can I get the new one?? Plz, mum, plz, can you buy it to me???"

Fuck it...

Also, realism, stop pleasing the 9 year olds, bring in some realism so that people who know even a slightest shit about warfare could enjoy it... Lets face it, a 50.cal shot in the head, and they claim that painkillers would save you? ... Wtf?

Also, some vehicles would be nice... And I am not talking about those Black Ops (crappy) vehicle sequences... More like Halo style, where you can freely move around would be nice... Just one a few, two or three multiplayer maps, would be amazing! Take some inspiration from Operation Flaspoint: Dragon Rising, that game did a lot of things well, but it died cause it was missing all of the CoD hype, and even tough I wont claim that it did not had its problems, it was a good game... But it was maybe a bit to realistic for its own good in the end, made it a bit boring, thats where CoD did it better, smaller maps with more fast paced action, but it is to fast paced, take some inspiration from Rainbow 6, please... But a bit more fast paced than that, but the amazing features...

Also, patching the game then and then might help... Cant still see any buggs fixed in Black Ops...

Ouh, and keep Spec Ops there! It was the best feature in CoD MW2!

Will stop it here, I have a history test to read to, so I cant write up all the reasons I hate all the CoDs since CoD 4...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 02:53 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

keep combat training (nice to have multiplayer without laaaaaaaaaaaaag), make it playable offline
were done here

Last edited by Stella Cadente; 01-31-11 at 03:02 PM.
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 03:52 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
keep combat training (nice to have multiplayer without laaaaaaaaaaaaag), make it playable offline
I agree! Forcing people to be online to kill A.Is is just plain stupid!

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice, I'd forgotten about that bit. Spec Ops, Arcade mode, and Combat Training would keep me interested for hours without going online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 06:22 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Agree with most of your points Vaz, especially the multiplayer. Single player i hope they do continue the story on from 1 and 2 though. Unrealistic as some parts may have been, i still found it immensly enjoyable and felt quite attatched to the characters. But hey, i'm just one for thrilling heroics
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 06:38 PM

Ultra111's Flag is: England

I'd like to see something like -points for each death. So many times I have gotten something like 20 kills to 3 deaths and the player above beats me because he has 21 kills to 20 deaths: surely I did better because of my ratio? Although I guess I could say I won in terms of ratio but not points...I don't know it just bugs me lol
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 06:47 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

I'd also like to see bigger bonuses in CTF , demolition and domination matches for capturing a point/flag/bomb and protecting a point/flag/bomb from nearby, and negatives to players who don't do either, its annoying playing those matches and getting 80% of your team camping just to improve there K/D ratio for maybe 2 of you trying to capture the points/flags/bomb points from the opposong 80% camping team trying to improve there K/D ratio, pretending that it actually matters and makes a difference in those game types.

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 06:55 PM
I am Alpharius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I'd also like to see bigger bonuses in CTF , demolition and domination matches for capturing a point/flag/bomb and protecting a point/flag/bomb from nearby, and negatives to players who don't do either, its annoying playing those matches and getting 80% of your team camping just to improve there K/D ratio for maybe 2 of you trying to capture the points/flags/bomb points from the opposong 80% camping team trying to improve there K/D ratio, pretending that it actually matters and makes a difference in those game types.
I agree with Stella on that one!

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 09:48 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just try to avoid all the overhype. Although being a CoD game this will be next to impossible because fanboys go crazy over CoD. The only way it could attract more stupid people who think it is the best game ever if it was joined to Halo somehow.

Although make it more like CoD4 would be a good start. I LOVED the missions I was a marine, mainly because it was walk in, blast troops and then move on to repeat to more guys.

Also make the game so someone who gets the game 6 months after release stands a chance against those who have played for ages and got all the good perks.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode