MW3: Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Collaboration - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 01:40 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Defiantly keep Combat mission its nice to be able to kill some cannonfodder, add vehicles to multi-player and cambat missions, thats all i can think of at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 03:36 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

er, no vehicles. really liked their emphasis on squad vs squad combat even thou people like to act like their Rambo and can take on everyone.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 10:09 AM

Realism is boring, the kinda realism you get in MW is fun hence why it's a game.

Realism is just too difficult really because sometimes you die. Steel Batallion had a great realism thing, you died? It deletes your save game because you're dead. Realistic multi player Call of Duty? Most bullets wounds are crippling, when you die in a round you don't respawn. That is not the recipe of a fun game for everyone.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have bare amounts of fun in Search and Destroy, and I know many others do. High Risk, High Reward. Wager Matches as well, like Sticks and Stones, despite the lag issue is good fun.

Hardcore as well. Hardcore S+D has to be one of my favourite game modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 12:42 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Body part damage e.g. shot in the arm and it throws of your aim a bit, shot in the leg and you move slower.

Body armour, But body armour doubling up with the inclusion of actual armour piercing stats for weapons. Get shot, get winded (no sprinting for X amount of time) or get shot and the armour doesn't stop the bullet.

Better mines than claymore, Shrapnel fougasse's and EFP mines for ripping attackers to shit in certain Multiplayer matches, but all single use per round.

Bonuses for staying in a squad and working together, better health? faster health regen, more damage maybe.

Ghili suits that actually keep you hidden!!!!! or at least keep you off radar and make you look like scenery if you don't move.

Different weapons have different upgrade slots. Side rails, top rails and bottom rails for upgrades like, underslung shotgun, grenade launcher, foregrip, bi-pod, torch, laser sight, scopes etc.

The more you play the more choice you have at upgrading weapons & character using an experience system but one that works in tandem with the campaign, More points for playing on higher difficultly and you get to use your awesome upgraded FAMAS with a bi-pod, 12xscope, Twin mags, laser sight and Infrared laser in both campaign and Multiplayer.

Stuff that makes it more real but also lends itself to the gameplay.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 01:18 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooobit View Post
Body part damage e.g. shot in the arm and it throws of your aim a bit, shot in the leg and you move slower.

Body armour, But body armour doubling up with the inclusion of actual armour piercing stats for weapons. Get shot, get winded (no sprinting for X amount of time) or get shot and the armour doesn't stop the bullet.

Better mines than claymore, Shrapnel fougasse's and EFP mines for ripping attackers to shit in certain Multiplayer matches, but all single use per round.

Bonuses for staying in a squad and working together, better health? faster health regen, more damage maybe.

Ghili suits that actually keep you hidden!!!!! or at least keep you off radar and make you look like scenery if you don't move.

Different weapons have different upgrade slots. Side rails, top rails and bottom rails for upgrades like, underslung shotgun, grenade launcher, foregrip, bi-pod, torch, laser sight, scopes etc.

The more you play the more choice you have at upgrading weapons & character using an experience system but one that works in tandem with the campaign, More points for playing on higher difficultly and you get to use your awesome upgraded FAMAS with a bi-pod, 12xscope, Twin mags, laser sight and Infrared laser in both campaign and Multiplayer.

Stuff that makes it more real but also lends itself to the gameplay.
Agree! The first part about the body damage is quite a lot like in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. If you got shot in the leg, well, shit for you, for now you cant sprint! Shot in the arm? Sucks to be you if you wanted to snipe the fuckers... Shot in the head? Dead.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 01:33 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

keep nerfing quickscope as well, its fun listening to all the wankers complain because its hard to snipe the enemy from 4 feet away, guess what jackass it is hard to snipe someone from 4 feet away, but allot easier from 40 feet away.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 01:48 PM

Ah quick scoping, my favourite, the bunny-hop-quick-scope was the best way to kill folk in Half-life because it looked hilariously retarded. You should probably only be able to Scope from kneeling or prone positions.

If you have a good group of players, the more realistic you get shot, you lie on the ground and bleed out can be more fun, but it need to be an option rather than the norm. Mostly because players are cocks, massive fucking cocks. People can run'n'gun too easily, exploiting the game engine to make them pretty accurate all in all. Yeah they'll die but they can easily do a lot of damage on the way.

I would want to see randomly generated maps, you enter the game mode and parameters and it generates the game maps and send it to everyone. It would solve a lot of the problems and glitch exploiting you get. It would produce a massive number of other problems but it would be more fun. You are and your side are actually exploring an unknown map rather than just run'n'guning your way to the ammo points.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Headshots fuck me off so badly. Silenced ASP? 4 Shots to the plank to drop someone, and then the fucking annoying Second Life - which should be removed - you shouldn't get rewarded for being killed.

Headshots should be an instagib, balance or no. MoH had that - I can remember the time I one shot someone on Diwagal camp with the Tariq and slap Enemy Kill +10, Headshot +5, Tier 1 +5. Still lost though, despite my iNsAnE_SkIlLs.

Quickscoping, yeah it's annoying. Not half as bad as fucking Drop Shotting faggots with UMP equivalents.

Random Maps sounds awesome though - I'd love to see a none tubular map - completely flat ground, with a couple of wadi's or ditches - but without cover larger than a couple of tree's. A proper sniping map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 02-01-11 at 02:51 PM.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 02:58 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

They should just sit down and say "fuck it, this one is for the proper fans, not the 12 year old running round shouting", No radar, None of the quick scope stuff, light medium & heavy vehicles, No riot shields, Proper blood and guts, Massive maps, Bring back the cheats from MW1 for a bit of fun BUT also make it as real as possible, none of this "making a gun sound cool" business, A silencer should be qiueter, A grenade should have frag, A claymore should kill anyone withing a cone of like 20metres, and RPG should be faster moving.

Infinity ward could sit and watch black hawk down & Ross kemp in afghanistan to get the gist.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode