Dead Space 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-11, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Dead Space 2

Well the long-awaited sequel came out yesterday for me, being English sucks for video game releases, and I completed it earlier today. Its bloody fantastic, even scarier then the first game and with twice the amount and types of necromorphs. Plus Isaac's growing dementia and vivid hallucinations are always surprising and quite interesting as the mystery builds up and up through the levels. And with three more levels then the first game, and each level being much longer, the single-player gameplay lasts a lot longer and the replay value is very fun, to unlock new weapons and suits and just for the fun of it, and the scare. And visually its far better, the graphics are much clearer, the necromorphs look even more terrifying and the environments have been multiplied, the sprawl is a very interesting locale and provides all kinds of places to visit like the computer cores, an elementary school, apartment buildings and even a hospital, all suitably scary, especially the school. Late-game some other locations are revisited, which you'll remember very well.

The multi-player I have not tried yet but my brother tells me its very good, not without its faults like all multi-player games, but its quite good overall. Very glad I got this game, its definitely worth every penny spent.

Lord of the Night

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 11:50 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im loving this game at the moment! Just did the Tormentor bit, fucking brilliant string of events!

The demtia he suffers really does grip you!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 12:06 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

To be honest, it wasn't as good as I expected. I was hoping for a change in scenery, but no: We keep revisiting the same places over and over again, like in the first one! Granted, it did other things much better, like the new Necs, the harder Brutes, the online (heck yeah!), and the handcannon (check it out, it's AMAZING).

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater XII View Post
Im loving this game at the moment! Just did the Tormentor bit, fucking brilliant string of events!

The demtia he suffers really does grip you!
It gets better later, the futher you get the more vivid the hallucinations become. There was at least two of them that I genuinely believed were real.. until they disappeared.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 12:48 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

I'll probably grab it when it comes down in cost. I found the first game was kind of disappointing, but one of my friends assures me that the problems have been fixed.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 12:58 PM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
It gets better later, the futher you get the more vivid the hallucinations become. There was at least two of them that I genuinely believed were real.. until they disappeared.
The first one with the needle was truly epic, even though it was his missus, still fought for real thinking "oh shit"

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 08:37 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Good to here the game is enjoyable (Been a fan since one).

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 09:50 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Got it recently. To be honest it is the only game that has scared me shitless recently. That is rare. But one part of me just wants to keep playing.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 10:26 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

After watching aftermath I kinda want to kill the humans in Deadspace 2 more then the necromorphs.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-11, 04:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Got it on Monday and beat it a short while ago. Eight and a half hours for the first play through, very much worth the price paid to buy it. And I still have at least one more play-through, if not two more, to fully upgrade more stuff and try out more weapons. (Beat the thing with a plasma-cutter, pulse rifle, and javelin gun combo.)

Loved the story, and the special bits they threw into the game, like hurtling from the array back to the station or the pseudo linear rail shooter bit.

I know some are a bit hesitant about the game in part because of Isaac becoming a vocal character. Personally, it made the story all the better since they never overdid it with him, and I occasionally found myself wishing he spoke a bit more at certain points. (No worries to him spouting out stupid one liners or anything; on top of being a super engineer Isaac knows to keep those stupid comments to himself if at all.)

So eight and a half hours for play-through one; expecting at least five or six for play-through two, and likely five more if there is a third. But first, I think it might be time to take a look at this multiplayer.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode