Shogun 2 Overview - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-11, 09:27 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

I played the demo and enjoyed it greatly. The battle reports seem to havea strogner AI butthey could just be hood winking us. I am hoping for a better AI, the demo castle battle was diffrent in that I left a samurai calvary alone and the AI sent three units to kill it. In the past they were not that aggressive. Def have to have this.

And the ninja clan must be pre ordered to get the limited edition, gamestop best buy have some special battle if you pre order from them but no extra clan. My guess is six months later you can download the additional clan from Steam.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-11, 05:02 AM

gwmaniac's Flag is: USA

I dont know if its just me, but i was a bit disappointed by the graphics quality of the demo. i think as bad as medieval: total war, and it wouldnt allow me to improve the graphics any higher than medium. but overall it seems interesting, i just hope all the factions dont have the same units, like they did in the sample battle.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 07:21 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Been playing game maybe total of 10 hours and AI seems definately better when you put it to harder. It moves troops to better positions and gives even those easier battles little worry about your troops.

Overall i was little worried first about this latest Total War game, but its worthy buy for anyone of Total War fans, wargamers or anyone interested in that time period.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 09:46 AM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

Rome had some of the crappiest AI's because they lost to my army compromised of only Cav units and they had a few Hoplite blocks and anti cav units and i still won. xD

Empire was boring as there was practically no melee battles and ended up being a giant gun fight. Those bore me badly. I also had one battle were i defended my capital city with only 1 hussar unit and 3 units of town watch against a huge AI army and still won. xD (Buildings FTW)

Shogun 2 is promising with a updated engine and graphics and also a first time CO-OP campaign!! ((Well for me anyway, since i didnt buy Napoleon: Total War. )) I also like the re-introduction of the Ninja's and how they took away having to replenish troops by hand. I find the AI isnt too smart but a tad better then the rest of the games. What i liked most about the new Shogun was the feel and continuation from the first ever total war game. The new siege battles are a bit lacking though, since they said it would be more difficult to siege castles now, but i hardly found it challenging. (it might be because the demo siege is too easy)

In the end, i'm going to get the game, but not sure if it will run on my laptop.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 06:51 PM

RIVALBLACKWELL's Flag is: USA

So far it's awsome! The graphics suck balls on my computer but still awsome.
Btw, TAKEDA ftw!!!

Find me in the forum, I'm the guy stabbing jaws.
Come up, say hello, and I'll stab you in the jaw.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-11, 12:54 PM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

Succeeded in winning first short campaign with clan who had specialties in Bow troops. They have great starting location on small island and after taking out those 2 neighbours they can move to mainland and Kyoto is close. After moving mainland got those few provinces which have superior Ninjas and managed to assasinate with them quite a few important generals and characters which ventured close. Win

On my second short campaign, started with Date and was doing great and while i was building last stack of army didnt pay attention to year and time run out.. Those No-Dachi troops ruled on attack. Defeat

Started third campaign with Uesugi and doing great these first 30 turns, but their location along the coast makes provinces real vulnerable. Im not sure if i should expand south or towards Kyoto or should i secure those provinces of Takeda and Date which both have 5-6 of them. But dont have troops yet, only Ashigaru but Naginata monks are soon in training along with their bow armed troops. Plan is to train normal monks and try to Incite revolts on these provinces, so can cap those provinces without suffering attack by them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode