Gears of War 3: Who's Ready? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

Default Gears of War 3: Who's Ready?

I know that the game is coming out sometime on 2011, but I'm not exactly sure when.

I've been a big fan of the Gears of War series ever since it first came out several years ago. Obviously settings, features and whatnot have been improved since the first game and things are only going to get better (hopefully). The storyline should get more interesting, more characters are going to be introduced, and apparently something happened to some of the remaining Locust and now there's a 3 way war happening (humans, Locust, fucked-up Locust).

There's going to be a new mode where it's like Horde but you play as the Locust instead (with some differences, but I don't know what) and the online playing is going to be intense, as I'll bet some people are sick of hearing kids screaming on their headphones while playing Black Ops.

So to the people who have followed the storyline from the beginning, how well do you think of the final game of the Gears of War trilogy? I personally think it was a sweet game with many cool features and stuff, which is (sort of) different from Halo and COD. I'm interested to see what my fellow Heretics think of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 05:02 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Never found Gears of War to be something for me... It just felt somehow... Odd?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 05:05 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

I'm looking forward to it,
waiting to see how this new locust race works, should make for some very interesting game play. just hope it lasts a bit longer than the last one it seemed to be fairly short imo,

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 05:35 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I'm defiantly looking forward to it, a fan of GoW 2, but I still need to complete the storyline though .
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 06:02 PM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

YESH! finally a continuation of the story so we know what happens. GOW2 really left me hanging. I love the gears series because of the uniqueness of the gameplay and their graphics are great! A.I is tough and very sneaky. Enemy composition is very good also. played many hours in GOW2 in horde mode and loved it. New characters I hope, but i also hope they dont add any stupid or unneccesary ones except the Carmines are just awesome and I really want to know what happened to the Other two brothers.

Overall: I'm really excited and cant wait til its available.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 11:10 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I heard C. Carmine is gonna be a total badass.

Pictured: Clayton Carmine

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 11:33 PM

XxDreMisterxX's Flag is: USA

Their bringing back the "BERSERKER!!!" lol

and Captain: after 2 brothers get taken out quite easily, with one by a unlucky sniper shot and the other a wussy dying inside a giant worm from corrosive acid and tiny bugs. One of them has to be badass to make up for their bad luck.

"Imagination is for turbo-nerds who canít handle how kick-butt reality isÖ I am a kick-butt reality master! I would rather die than be imaginative."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
i'm quite proud of this statement of mine, and i doubt it'll ever be quoted: "This is Heresy-Online, not Fluffy-Bunny Online." yep, that's a good'un. write that down folks.

Last edited by XxDreMisterxX; 01-27-11 at 11:36 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 08:12 AM

Looking forward to Gears 3, although not for the online play. It's a really good game with great graphics and a good storyline, but I just think it's terrible online. The cover system works brilliantly for the campaign, I just feel it doesn't work for the online. Either way I'm looking forward to it and the Beast Mode.

Regards,
Jake.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 08:26 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

as long as 99% of the game is not underground like the others felt they were I might give a crap, otherwise its just gonna be another bland fest.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-11, 08:48 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDreMisterxX View Post
YESH! finally a continuation of the story so we know what happens. GOW2 really left me hanging. I love the gears series because of the uniqueness of the gameplay and their graphics are great!
Play Killswitch at some point. It's the first game I can remember playing with the one button cover system, and it's a pretty damn good game too.

Plus it didn't have Dom being a whiny little bitch for an entire game, making it better by default.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode