MW2 ruined and Activision ready to pull the plug for PS3 Black Ops - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

MW2 ruined and Activision ready to pull the plug for PS3 Black Ops

Hackers have taken over MW2 - it's rare you won't get a hacked lobby, or some aimbot using cunt. Infinity Ward have blamed Sony for this, because it was so easy to Jailbreak. Thing is, creating a fix where certain conditions have to be met PRIOR to the game starting up would sort that out. For example, should it come to an RTS where two players have two different mods in play, the game itself will fall.

Adding in a patch where if certain hardware do not match (i.e completely unmodded), then the game will not play. Personally I'd like to see a Playstation installed with a kill switch - where modifying certain areas will result in killing the playstation and you'll have to send off for it to be repaired.

Anyway -

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/19/acti...k-ops-servers/

Basically, Put up or shut up, is what they're saying. Again, QA is called into question.

Oh boy, am I fucking loving the Cod series -

Cod4 won't play thanks to that fucking Downloading Game Settings bug, MW2 is infested with hackers who can at their will reset everything and cheat with aimbot, and BlOps is on the threat of being pulled.

GF Activision. You really know how to choose a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 01:52 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 01:58 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

COD is crap and overrated anyway. I prefer PC. The game piracy rate is higher but some of the games are better (Orange Box rapes anything else ever released. Yes even Halo friggin 3!) and I have yet to find cheating hacking twats. I was surprised by the high amount of Mariokart Gamers on the Wii who use cheats such as constantly spawning blue shells or not being able to fall off the map or be invulnerable to shells and such. People like this have just got to get a life before they die of obesity!!!!

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 02:06 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Meh! Its to be expected.
Not every one can be bothered to actually play the game and to actually get better at it by P-R-A-C-T-I-C-I-N-G.
Its one reason i only ever play UT2k4 online. IT won't let you in if you've changed anything critical and even if its only a minor change, such as a character model tweak, it will warn all other players in the game as to who it is.
How hard is it to do that for COD eh? Activision have failed yet again.
Though i shouldn't really be suprised. I guess i expected them to actually try this time after the failures of old.

Too much to expect? :/

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger

Last edited by SGMAlice; 01-19-11 at 03:37 PM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dunno why I didn't think of it before - set a gamemode where you get no XP, Cod Points etc, but give everyone all camo, attachments, weapons, challenges, no leader table, no listed points, (so basically Hardcore HUD, but standard gameplay).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 03:37 PM

SGMAlice's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Dunno why I didn't think of it before - set a gamemode where you get no XP, Cod Points etc, but give everyone all camo, attachments, weapons, challenges, no leader table, no listed points, (so basically Hardcore HUD, but standard gameplay).
Something along the lines of: 'No reward = No reason to cheat'?

It may reduce the influx of people more likely to cheat but i'm not sure it would solve the problem.
You still get people who think its funny or those who want everyone to think that they are the - Super COD God -
Like it makes a difference on the Anonymouse Interwebz... In their heads maybe...

SGMAlice

PC/Laptop Problems? Post Here: Heresy Online's PC Hardware Help Thread
WIP Custom Chapter Fluff: The Children Of The Dragon
WIP Bio-Mechanical Tyranids: Hive Fleet Giger
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:23 PM

I've only run in to a single jtagger on BLOPS so far, but I'm sure I'll see more down the road if I decide to play it again. I decided to stop after I shot someone center-mass in the chest with an RPG and the player didn't take any damage.

He wasn't using flak jacket, either, so that nonsense hadn't been involved. There is so much connectivity bullshit the game is completely unplayable half the time. Is it just me, or am I the only one who has to fire 20-25 hit registering rounds of ammo from your average assault rifle in order to kill someone? The killcams where people get kills in 1-3 shots simply blow my mind.

I'll probably just stick with hardcore from now on... As far as hackers, though, I believe Halo games require matching game code between the matchmaking system and the individual users. If any code is modified, they are unable to play online as if they are running an outdated patch version and therefore you will almost never find anyone cheating. You'd think a franchise as wealthy as Call of Duty would have invested in this sort of thing.

As far as boosters are concerned, whether they do it the 'legit' way or by a code tool, I really don't think they're a problem. This is always a big topic in the Halo: Reach forums. While boosting for weapons/gear/prestige/etc is bannable, they aren't effective anyone but themselves.

It's people who use things like aimbots or wallhacks that should be of concern.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 01-19-11 at 05:27 PM.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:28 PM
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post
I've only run in to a single jtagger on BLOPS so far, but I'm sure I'll see more down the road if I decide to play it again. I decided to stop after I shot someone center-mass in the chest with an RPG and the player didn't take any damage.

He wasn't using flak jacket, either, so that nonsense hadn't been involved. There is so much connectivity bullshit the game is completely unplayable half the time. Is it just me, or am I the only one who has to fire 20-25 hit registering rounds of ammo from your average assault rifle in order to kill someone? The killcams where people get kills in 1-3 shots simply blow my mind.
You're not the only one.

I stopped playing ages ago because of the damn connection issues; the killcam just shows you how bad the the issuses are.

One memory that sticks out was me reloading then 2 second later running into a room to gun someone down I fired enough shots to kill the guy but instead I died. I watch the killcam and apparently I ran into the room still reloading and not firing a single shot.

Bullshit.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 05:46 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmstrom View Post

I'll probably just stick with hardcore from now on... As far as hackers, though, I believe Halo games require matching game code between the matchmaking system and the individual users. If any code is modified, they are unable to play online as if they are running an outdated patch version and therefore you will almost never find anyone cheating. You'd think a franchise as wealthy as Call of Duty would have invested in this sort of thing.

As far as boosters are concerned, whether they do it the 'legit' way or by a code tool, I really don't think they're a problem. This is always a big topic in the Halo: Reach forums. While boosting for weapons/gear/prestige/etc is bannable, they aren't effective anyone but themselves.

It's people who use things like aimbots or wallhacks that should be of concern.
I fucking agree big time with your post!

I dont know how many times I have gotten a shit hole of hit markers in a Hardcore game mode, only to have the guy in front of me turn around and shoot me dead with a single shot... Fucking bullshit...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 08:37 PM

Hah, alright... I'm glad I'm not a minority in this madness. Never have I been so tempted to buy CoD 4 again. So what if I was a P90 whore? At least just about every weapon was balanced and the only thing I could complain about are the Juggernaut fiends.

The problem with the CoD franchise has been lain out plain and simple in the original post. Since it has become so popular and plenty more cash is to be milked, they're getting lazy with their programming as the game industry evolves. While Black Ops is a billion times better than Modern Warfare 2, it's far from certain that we'll see a significant quality improvement in the next CoD game or two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode