Final Fantasy XIII-2 Confirmed - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-19-11, 07:41 AM

Raizer Sabre's Flag is: England

xiii wasn't a sequel though, but glad someone agrees with me on 7 :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 12:46 AM

Is it just me that thinks ever since Square became Square Enix the FF series is slowly getting worse?
I didnt mind X so much, Waka was awesome and I probably spent more time playing Blitzball than the actual game lol but what really really gets me annoyed is the way you cant free roam the worlds anymore >.<
Oh and 9 was the best :p

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 04:41 AM

WoRLoKKeD's Flag is: United Kingdom

12 was the best because it was precisely nothing like Final Fantasy.

Plus, the only character with a decent, well developed story was about a goddamn airship pirate, making Balthier pretty much the main character. This is a good thing.

I choose to ignore the angsty little emo thief, however, wherever possible.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 05:04 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I loved X. Absolutely loved it. I've had to replace the disc three times because I've played it that much. X-2 was utter and complete shit. One of the most disappointing games ever. They had a chance to actually add to a well-developed world with a sort of dark story, and instead... it was dress up time with Charlie's Angels. Fuck.

I haven't had a chance to play 13, but I've heard bad things. Maybe 13-2 will fix the things people didn't like about it.

ASK ME HOW TO GET 20% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!
My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 06:21 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Am I the only person that thinks it fucking stupid for have a sequel to a continuation of a series and it be numbered XIII-2 vs just calling it XV...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Apparantely since Final Fantasy XIII has most of the gameplay and mechanics worked out for the sequel they are going to focus on evolving the entire game and creating a great story, the developer has said that everything is being improved. I hope this means an improved battle system, the eidolons actually being useful, and an improved equipment upgrade system.

Personally I really like XIII, though I will admit that VII (7) is the best and if a remake of that is ever created it'll break every sales record in gaming history, but I like the linear gameplay that XIII had, I don't want to spend hours doing pointless side-quests unless they are fun and engrossing like the side-quests in Mass Effect 2. So a good campaign with the minimum of boring side-grinding fuss like XIII is the ideal RPG for me.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 01:47 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Am I the only person that thinks it fucking stupid for have a sequel to a continuation of a series and it be numbered XIII-2 vs just calling it XV...
Yup. Thing is though, it's the same world, much of the same characters (either as cameo's, or playables), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-11, 04:35 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

VIII will always be my favourite. XIII was possibly one of the worst games i've ever played. For a game in this age of gaming to be completely linear is a crime and no downtime at all, no shops or cities to visit like the other games. It was just run forward, fight, continue, fight, continue, cut scene, cut scene, cutscene, fight, cutscene, run, fight, run, fight, fight, boss fight, cut scene x6 etc etc etc. And the best bit was after about 12 hours of this someone said to me, "ah don't worry, it really opens up after about 20 hours in". It doesn't.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-11, 12:15 AM
Making Vidya Games

ThatOtherGuy's Flag is: USA

Whoopie doo, another game franchise that is long overdue for a death. Seriously, their beating a dead horse with an iron bat for hells sake.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 10:55 AM
Gaz
Gaz's Flag is: Wales

I really couldn't get into XIII, I didn't really feel motivated to play it and ended up trading it in so I won't be getting XIII-2.

<Insert witty quote here>

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode