Help with DoW2 multiplayer - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
IRONBORN

Tyrannus's Flag is: England

Default Help with DoW2 multiplayer

Right, there must be someone on heresy decent on Dawn of war 2. I love the game and I like playing multiplayer but, without beating around the bush, I am utter shite.

I don't even know why and frankly I don't care too much. I haven't won any of my games and I am not too upset about that. The reason I want help to be better, is because I've had enough of my team leaving me halfway with a parting "Fucking noob" my way. Doubtless, it adds to my losing.

I've tried all the races apart from Tyranids and Eldar. My best games are with the Ork Kommando, just because he is really useful killing other heroes and capping stuff.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You experts tell me what race to use and how to use them and +rep will come your way and my eternal gratitude.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 07:34 AM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

The nids can be quite good to use in multiplayer, I get my ass handed to me by them most of the time.
Marines are shit, I cannot get them to be worth a damn in any multiplayer game. Every time I play them I end up being out numbered and out gunned. I haven't played with the eldar so I cannot say much there. Chaos kicks my ass every time, I couldn't tell you why, but they do. Within 3 minutes there is a greater demon of nurgle trashing me. How the hell that happens is beyond me, but it's a fact.

One way to become more familiar with the multiplayer aspect is to play against the computer and not other live people. Did you know you can play in multiplayer mode but just against the computer? I didn't know that for quite a while. First off, you don't get an asshole for an opponent. Second, the computer can be downright impossible to beat making you a better player by knowing how to act and react to certain units.

If you are looking for a person to thrash on, hit me up on steam, same user name as here, unforgiven302. I almost guarantee you'll kick my ass!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
IRONBORN

I totally agree with you about the space marines and they're supposed to be used for beginners.

I have used the bot feature and It was hard at first beating them, then I finally got the hang of it and been beating them ever since; so I thought I'd give online a go. Totally different.

That and the fact the trueskill matchmaking is shit. The highest level I am is lvl2 with Orks, and I keep going against lvl 40s and 60s! It's ridiculuos.

But yeah, I'll give 'nids a go and see if i can do any better lol.

I shall add you on steam, so accept a friend request or whatever from a Tyrannus .

Thanks for the help.

From iron, cometh strength. From strength, cometh will. From will, cometh faith. From faith, cometh honour. From honour, cometh iron. This is the Unbreakable Litany, and may it forever be so.

Last edited by Tyrannus; 12-23-10 at 08:53 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 08:41 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
I am utter shite.
Quote:
I almost guarantee you'll kick my ass!
Guys, guys! Don't be too harsh on yourselves, it's Christmas Eve's Eve! Let's hold hands and sing:

Oh tanenbaum, oh tanenbaum...

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-10, 09:19 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Yah multiplayers for DOW2 is about as friendly to new gamers as starcraft. Also believe it or not familiarity with a force, and covering its weaknesses is critical. Also believe it or not in muliplayer marines can be one of the harder forces to use currently, do to some units being really slow or being surprisingly fragile. My advice is stick with one force till you know it inside, and out then capitalize on its strengths. Also if you need to gain some more EXP I could have a few casual games against you (WL is Kitsune Fiend)

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-10, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
IRONBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
Yah multiplayers for DOW2 is about as friendly to new gamers as starcraft. Also believe it or not familiarity with a force, and covering its weaknesses is critical. Also believe it or not in muliplayer marines can be one of the harder forces to use currently, do to some units being really slow or being surprisingly fragile. My advice is stick with one force till you know it inside, and out then capitalize on its strengths. Also if you need to gain some more EXP I could have a few casual games against you (WL is Kitsune Fiend)
I'll give your advice a go. Atm I am trying to get to grips with Tyranids because they seem to be the only race I can do "alright" with. (I put it between quotation marks because I still lose, but not as badly as using the other races).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode