Call of Duty: Black Ops "First Strike" Map Pack - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Default Call of Duty: Black Ops "First Strike" Map Pack

It's been announced that CoD: BO will have a new map pack out in around two months with 4 vanilla multiplayer maps and another for the zombie game. The price tag is 1200ms points for Xbox users, which is about $15 if I recall correctly. One interesting statement is that some of the new maps were designed with sniping in mind.

All I want to know is whether players will be bombarded with annoying ads or errors if they choose not to buy the map pack like a certain other CoD title.

Here's the article.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 12:50 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Thanks for the link! I hope the new Zombie map has snow... That and new enemies .

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

The new zombie map is said to be an abandoned German reseach outpost in Antarctica.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 08:50 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

i do love the way theregona charge for extra content for what is a "free game", as it says everytime i log on to MP multi player free with black ops.
Well if there gona charge for the PC version, i wont get it, same i didnt get the map packs for MW2

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:36 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Should've made it for CoD points and Prestige Levels instead. After all, they're useless once you purchase everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

The 'free online multiplayer' on the ticker cracks me up every time I see it, but they say it's a jab at EA with their online pass nonsense along with Xbox Live subscription fees. It is said that it was supposed to cause a ruckass to draw criticism towards those two things, but everyone probably has their own opinion of that. You could argue that the EA pass thing is a valid measure, since the used game business is a pretty ambiguous thing, but from what I've seen it's mostly received with negativity by consumers.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 12-21-10 at 10:14 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 12:52 PM

Interesting to hear that they've built some of the new maps with sniping in mind, I wonder how they'll turn out. Saying that, I have no problem sniping on a few of the current maps while many of the people that I game with complain constantly about not being able to snipe effectively.

A new zombie map is always welcome too.

Regards,
Jake.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:30 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

No way in hell that I would pay for this! That price is just a huge rip off... 800 is max for me...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

It's definitely not easy to snipe anymore with the death of 'quick-scoping', but as Red Corsairs had to say it's still very much possible to snipe. You might not get the top score, though, but a good K/D is still attainable.

My opinion, is that sniper rifles in Blck OPs aren't very effective. Not that people should be discouraged from using sniper rifles, but when I chose to do some sharpshooting I go with an M14 or FN FAL battle rifle with an ACOG. If you control your shots, you can get plenty of accurate long-range kills with them. Another added bonus is efficiency at close-range encounters. They're very flexible across the range board, but aren't particularly masters at any of them.

Still, I doubt I'll buy this map pack. If I do, it'll be the only pack purchased for CoD Black Ops since I know the game population will drop like a sack of dirt once the next CoD title is dumped off the assembly line in 2011.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-10, 11:55 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

The ACOG FAL is the best Sniper in the game hands down, closely followed by the ACOG M16. The M14 requires Grip to manage the recoil, losing out on hardened.

I just downloaded 1.04 - Oh my god, what the fuck were Treyarch doing? In 3 hours playing tonight, I had 43 minutes of gameplay left on a contract, and I got so pissed off with the fucked up lag (12 shots from a M14 to kill someone, hey?), increased hit box areas, and all that such that I finished it with 7 minutes still to go, and 15 Headshots out of 20 left (Started with 4).

After playing Fifa for the last few days and MoH before that near solid since its release, I thought it might just be my ability - but no, MoH went 23 for 4, 16 for 2, 19 for 4, 14 for 7 (they had an awesome Tier 1 Battle Rifle user, got 6 kills on me, 1 for 1 =/).

Then went MW2 - no issues with lag, went 19 for 12, 20 for 8, 12 for 3, 16 for 9, and finally got my first TDM MVP in 6 Prestiges.

Anyway, found this -

http://wegotthiscovered.com/2010/12/...hat-went-wrong

This made me laugh;
Quote:
Admittedly the frame rate thing was dealt with rather quickly, but the other two were desperately in need of 1.04 (aside from multiple but small niggles).
Yes, because horrible knifing, unplayable lag, terrible hit detections and very poor spawning are all 'smaller niggles' than muted headsets.

To be honest I thought that MoH on release was at best a Beta standard game, but fuck me, it looks near perfect compared to it, and that's even with shitty servers.

After the fuck up that was World at War, and now this, if it's not adequately fixed, it will be the last Treyarch game I purchase on the merits of others and its taglines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode