Call of Duty: Black Ops "First Strike" Map Pack - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 01:20 AM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
No way in hell that I would pay for this! That price is just a huge rip off... 800 is max for me...
Normally I'd say the same, but I'd be willing to pay ANYTHING for a zombie map - I have all of them to date . I just hope it goes back to the WaW style maps, where it was easier to survive to turn 10 without losing . Oh, that and the new enemies are annoying as hell. Yeah, they look cool and add diversity, but they're just so darn annoying.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 01:24 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Anyone played the top down shooter DOA yet? Had bare good fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

I love that top down shooter, at least for an hour or two at a time with some friends.

Lag and hit detection problems are undoubtedly the worst issues with any Call of Duty game. Just tonight I shot someone three times in the spine with the Masterkey from roughly 5ft away before a friend ended his day with a beautiful RPG shot. I completely fail to understand the bullshit that goes on the kill cam feeds either. I'll rush a building and fire a couple registered rounds in to some dude who then casually turns around to pop a single fatal shot. The kill cam shows me, at times, not even firing or facing my killers as if I was never aware of their presence in the first place.

Now, this sort of stuff happened from time to time in MoH, but CoD is without a doubt the most neglected game franchise I've ever dealt with as far as developer effort is concerned. Granted in MoH the plague of friendly snipers gets annoying when you are on offense as with any DICE game, (I can understand a lot of defense players being snipers) as do the stupidly weak weapons. Yet in the end I still perform about the same in either game. CoD has the bright side of not taking three quarters of an entire magazine, all hits, from an M4 to kill someone.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-10, 10:21 AM
Vaz

The only complaint I have is that headshots don't instakill - its takes 3 with you Pistol without Open Tip Rounds, and that the grenades are extremely clunky. With the 1.03? Patch where the True Snipers (M24 et al) only get short ranged/headshot instagibs, it became a lot better - with the lack of a HP Scope on the EBR/SVD you're forced to close, and headshotting someone with the combat scope on Kabul city (on the opposite building) is no longer guaranteed. Tbh, it's only nubs who take the M24 on to maps like Kabul, or Garmzir - with an EBR, I'm eternally outclassing them, mainly because they're that bit more mobile, and you can crack off three shots to get an in-cover kill, while an M24 etc you have to enure you get that head/neck shot.

As to the M4 issues, I've had that a couple of times, but on the whole, I'll get 6-7 kills from a full start, and then switch to pistol before nicking something else until I die. Most annoying thing is getting headshotted by a Solid Slug Shotgun with Reflex sight.

Um, yeah, anyway Black Ops - about the hit markers - yesterday, I was playing, and jumped out of a window on Array. Ran about 20 metres inside the garage to go back into the building again, and then died on the stairs, saying I'd be shot, but I hadn't recieved any bloodsplatter etc. Checked the kill cam, the dude had Headshot me with an L96 as I climbed out the damn window. Fucking mental, and I'm not sure exactly what they were hoping to achieve.

Just goes to show what not having a public beta gets you. A Pre-Alpha build quality game with a shitty story. They spent far too long on the cutscenes, and the whole flickering numbers annoyed me no fucking end.

I much prefer Dead Ops Arcade tbh to the real game. And fuck spending 45 for an arcade game that I could have got something along the lines from PSN Store Mini's.

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 02:05 PM
Vaz

Update coming to a patch near you -

Nerf to AK74 Grip (Good, but not an issue to me, I always use Silencer (cannot beat Silenced AK74 Sleight of Hand Ninja Ghost with Strela =D), and possible nerfs to Second Chance (you get full kill points for dropping them, assist if you kill them on the ground. No idea if you get both Kill and Bonus for Killing then executing though), and RC-XD (becomes dropped, I think) becomes nerfed slightly as well.

And with the fixes to the PS3 side of it, I'm beginning to enjoy Black Ops online more than MW2. Cannot beat Medal of Honor though :D.

Quote:
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

MoH is solid fun, but I just wish they concentrated a little bit more on vehicles. Though I guess it would turn in to a Battlefield game if they did that.

As far as the AK74, I honestly don't know what the hell the developers were thinking in regards to the other subs. Even with a grip, the 74 should be a recoil monster. The Uzi and Skorpion are spit-ball guns at anything over 10ft. However, I think the Mac 11, Specter and the Kipris are excellent weapons, though. With the Kipris arguably better than the AK-74.

Either way, I applaud you, Sir. Players who have a Strela on hand are stupidly rare and are definitely team players. It's great to knock out enemy kill-streaks in Free For All, too. It keeps people from out-killing out on the scoreboard and it always puts a smile on my face to see a Huey shot down not 20 seconds after it has been called in.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 04:31 PM
Vaz

MW2 had enough "balanced" guns that realistically you could go about and need to pick up an alternate weapon, or switch to your side arm. I've been using the Python, but it's not that good, whether it's ACOG Speed Reloader, or Dual. Then I realised with the amount of AK74's lying around I'm barely needing to switch stuff, and if I need to switch mid-gunfight, I'm usually dead.

Hence, might as well take the Strela - got 3 Spy Planes, 1 Attack Helicopter, and one Chopper Gunner in my first outing with that set up. While I've not been AS lucky, it's still "there".

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode