How would you make Modern Warfare 3 into the game MW2 should have been? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default How would you make Modern Warfare 3 into the game MW2 should have been?

Attachments:
Make it more like Medal of Honor - where a weapon has numerous slots -
Ammunition: Choose from Base, Extended Magazines, Additional Magazines, Full Metal Jacket
- Optics: Choose from Iron, Thermal, Reflex, and Telescopic Sights (latter Automatically available on Sniper Rifles)
- Barrel: Underslung Grenade Launcher, Silencer, Heartbeat Sensor,

New Attachments:
- Tracer - Ammunition - if it impacts on an enemy, that target shows up for a few seconds on the Radar as if they were firing
- Hollowpoint - Ammunition - deals greater damage to first target, reduced penetration
- Frangible Damage - Ammunition - No ricochet, breaks on impact
- Dim Trace - Ammunition - leaves no tracer FX
- Sniper Rounds - Ammunition - reduces close in damage, increases accuracy and damage at long range
- Increased Rifling - Barrel - Increase Range and Accuracy of weaponry, reduced damage at short range

New Weaponry:
Diemaco C8 SFW (Assault Rifle)/CQB (SMG)/ - It's a superior weapon to the M4 in general - the M4 and it's variants are more specific.
L115A3 Accuracy International Rifle - A new Bolt Action Rifle

Perks:
- Remove entirely, except as random Kill Streak bonuses (From a Supply Crate).
- Pro bonuses are now counted as Perks in their own right.

Kill Streaks
Remove all except Missile, Attack Helicopter, UAV, and Supply Drop - which grants a Random Kill Streak, or a Random Perk, or Random Resupply.
- Kills gained from Kill Streak Rewards (aside from those gained with your Standard Weaponry), do not count towards Kill Total.
- Supply Drop can be used to change your weaponry and attachments mid game without dieing (keep the same Ammunition Percentage rounding Up, though).

Mechanics
- Increase the effects of penetration and ricochets.
- Random Jams
- Remove Prone Position
- Allow spotting for Sniper Rifles
- Ricochets do friendly fire (but not the initial shot)
- Pistols are automatically present in addition to two normal weapons
- Can change Weapons and Equipment mid game, rather than in Create A Class.

Maps
- More long distance Sniper Friendly maps, akin to Crash (CoD4), Highrise, (MW2), and Diwagal Camp (MoH).
- Larger maps on the whole
- Better Respawn locations and conditions (i.e only spawn if there's no Line of Sight capable of being drawn by active enemies to the local objectives)

Game Modes
- More Objectives based game modes - such as story based objectives similar to Medal of Honor's Game mode.

Rewards
- Rewards based table, where you can choose your rewards based on Proficiency - i.e achieving Level 3 with the M4A2 means you can choose up to 2 Attachments from the Armoury to attach to your weaponry.
- Alternatively, a Money/Points based Rewards system, where you can choose to purchase the upgrade if you have the required level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 12-12-10 at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-10, 11:02 PM

yapyap23's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Attachments:
Make it more like Medal of Honor - where a weapon has numerous slots -
Ammunition: Choose from Base, Extended Magazines, Additional Magazines, Full Metal Jacket
- Optics: Choose from Iron, Thermal, Reflex, and Telescopic Sights (latter Automatically available on Sniper Rifles)
- Barrel: Underslung Grenade Launcher, Silencer, Heartbeat Sensor,
I like the idea of more attachments. Include Double Magazines.

Thermal would be cool, but since there won't be any perks like Cold Blooded, everyone will be running around with them shooting at anything glowing.

Quote:
New Attachments:
- Tracer - Ammunition - if it impacts on an enemy, that target shows up for a few seconds on the Radar as if they were firing
- Hollowpoint - Ammunition - deals greater damage to first target, reduced penetration
- Frangible Damage - Ammunition - No ricochet, breaks on impact
- Dim Trace - Ammunition - leaves no tracer FX
- Sniper Rounds - Ammunition - reduces close in damage, increases accuracy and damage at long range
- Increased Rifling - Barrel - Increase Range and Accuracy of weaponry, reduced damage at short range
I like the Increased Rifling Barrel, but I think that should only be allowed for Snipers, since they will be sniping from long distances.

I like the idea of the Trace Ammunition, but I think that Snipers should only be allowed to use them and that the target shows up on the team's radar.

Let's say I'm a sniper and your a team mate off in the distance, I see a enemy coming up behind want to get a free knife kill. Like many gamers, you don't have a mic or your name is too hard to read. So I shoot the enemy and if the round doesn't kill him, he will pop up on the team's radar showing you that he is right behind you. Turn around and kill him.

I think the Dim Tracer Ammunition should leave a trace FX, but a dim one. slightly viewable.

Not sure about the other two ammunition.
Quote:
New Weaponry:
Diemaco C8 SFW (Assault Rifle)/CQB (SMG)/ - It's a superior weapon to the M4 in general - the M4 and it's variants are more specific.
L115A3 Accuracy International Rifle - A new Bolt Action Rifle
I'm fine with these.
Quote:
Perks:
- Remove entirely, except as random Kill Streak bonuses (From a Supply Crate).
- Pro bonuses are now counted as Perks in their own right.
I think Perks should stay but some should be removed.
Quote:
Kill Streaks
Remove all except Missile, Attack Helicopter, UAV, and Supply Drop - which grants a Random Kill Streak, or a Random Perk, or Random Resupply.
- Kills gained from Kill Streak Rewards (aside from those gained with your Standard Weaponry), do not count towards Kill Total.
- Supply Drop can be used to change your weaponry and attachments mid game without dieing (keep the same Ammunition Percentage rounding Up, though).
I think all the perks should stay the same.

I understand about the kill gains from Kill Streaks.

Quote:
Mechanics
- Increase the effects of penetration and ricochets.
- Random Jams
- Remove Prone Position
- Allow spotting for Sniper Rifles
- Ricochets do friendly fire (but not the initial shot)
- Pistols are automatically present in addition to two normal weapons
- Can change Weapons and Equipment mid game, rather than in Create A Class.
I agree with Increase penetration and ricochets, but you have to watch out for that, I'm pretty sure there will be a bunch of high level guys sitting with LMG shooting at corners so the bullets shoot around the corner.

Random Jams are fine I guess.

I think Snipers should only be able to Prone.

I don't think ppl should be able to change mid game.
Quote:
Maps
- More long distance Sniper Friendly maps, akin to Crash (CoD4), Highrise, (MW2), and Diwagal Camp (MoH).
- Larger maps on the whole
- Better Respawn locations and conditions (i.e only spawn if there's no Line of Sight capable of being drawn by active enemies to the local objectives)
YES!!!

Quote:
Game Modes
- More Objectives based game modes - such as story based objectives similar to Medal of Honor's Game mode.
I still like Domination and Ground War. Maybe something like defending certain things. Like defending some Artillery guns or Missile Batteries.

Quote:
Rewards
- Rewards based table, where you can choose your rewards based on Proficiency - i.e achieving Level 3 with the M4A2 means you can choose up to 2 Attachments from the Armoury to attach to your weaponry.
- Alternatively, a Money/Points based Rewards system, where you can choose to purchase the upgrade if you have the required level.
I like the Money/Points based Reward system better.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 02:58 AM

MoreDakka47's Flag is: USA

Have the game be made by Bungie....would probably be much better IMO
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 05:39 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kinect, with well thought out controls?

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 05:57 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

More upgrades/ add-ons for weapons, more realistic weapons, Better bullet penetration, NO PERKS!!!!!!, camoflage that works, Headshots that kill unless you have a helmet on and bullet damage to respective body parts e.g. get shot in the leg and you limp. shot in the arms and it throws off your aim or you can only use light weapons (smg's and pistols)

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 06:04 PM

Hooobit's Flag is: England

Something i forgot.....

If you are a regular soldier then you should be able to ugrade your stock weapons with things like a foregrip, flashlight, twin-magazine, better sights and so on. Maybe even upgrade your armour like soldiers are doing in the real war zones.

Everyone has a purpose, just so happens mine is more of an example to others of what NOT to do.

I know it's time to go to bed when the last post in every thread has been written by me.

Hooobit, nothing more nothing less.
XBL: Hooobit
PSN: Hooobit

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 06:55 PM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I thought Black Ops was the game that MW2 should've been. Almost no tubes, sweet kill streaks, guns that sound like guns, and recoil. I couldn't be happier, actually.

Also, the next CoD by Infinity Ward is supposed to be Future Warfare.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 07:47 PM

Darkblade's Flag is: Netherlands

More weapons and addons in general.
Remove perks and killstreaks.
Remove the ability to run like morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobss, the troll that can't be pitchforked
Wanna know why I didn't '*** off'? Because I didn't get banned. Wanna know why I didn't get banned? 'Cause I'm **** awesome.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade and Grish, long time ago on a old chat
<Darkblade> first thing people do is sniffing the new book like a addict sniffs a new line
*Grish stops smelling his new BRB
<Grish> <_<
<Grish> >_>

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-10, 08:07 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Galus View Post
I thought Black Ops was the game that MW2 should've been. Almost no tubes, sweet kill streaks, guns that sound like guns, and recoil. I couldn't be happier, actually.

Also, the next CoD by Infinity Ward is supposed to be Future Warfare.
Aint Sledge Hammer games or what the heck they are called doing that one? Well, whatever... I am looking forward to Space (Failure) Warfare... So gona laugh my ass of when that one fails...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-11, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Space, Future, and Secret Warfare are all domains purchased by Activision as they may well be done in the future.

None of which sound particularly familiar. Space Warfare? Just an excuse for Lasers and stuff on a Space Station while still being the West versus East.

Future Warfare? Well, weapons have not improved on the whole aside from different techniques of building since the 1930's, and quality of materials and extra kit added on (sights, forging, better gas systems etc). So, without going into the whole Laser idea, even going 100 or so years into the future, you're looking at more of the same - The M16 becomes the A12, the SA80 is now Small Arms for the 2080's, blah, blah. There's very little that can be done to alleviate that without divulging into the realms of fantasy.

A MW3 is also in the works, IIRC. Activision filed a lawsuit against IW because of it. Apparently, the bad thing is that because of the time the lawsuit takes, the longer the game takes to be made. As long as they go through with a fine tooth comb, so that it's not the piss poor disgrace Black Ops was (sorry, Galus, but little tweaks such as the Kill Streak thing, Weapon Stats, and FX will not make Black Ops anything at all as good as MW2. Along with a Storyline even more Bone that MW2, and with more time watching Cutscenes that playing, and what time spent playing, half of which was spent redoing parts I'd done 5 minutes before due to shitty Checkpointing system. Zombies don't make up for Spec Ops, and the multiplayer maps are among the worst I've seen with possible routes able to be covered from a single point, and not providing a challenge if you get to X point to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode