How would you make Modern Warfare 3 into the game MW2 should have been? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-11, 02:24 PM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

more emphasis on making single player better, more details, more freedom of weapon selection, alternate routes on the levels (not everyone buys games for multiplayer I'm afraid)

as for multiplayer, stick to nerfing quickscoping and dropshoting at all costs (which black ops still suffers from despite what they said), ALLOT more maps, quicker weapon access (an AK47 the most wide spread weapon on earth should not take longer to unlock than any weapon), more perk, attachment and killstreak selections to avoid copy-paste players, make more powerful killstreaks harder to get (playing a math and having 1 player use chopper gunner twice in 5 minutes isn't fun), nerf camping so that the game recognises you've earned 2-3 kills in the same general area and stops adding them to your killstreak (unless equipped with a sniper rifle/LMG since there roles are camping in reality).

and keep combat training and allow it to be played offline.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

That I agree with. Gameplay is too linear. And making a choice between Stealth and Combat is not much fun - Stealth would be far easier on Veteran than actually going into combat where they all have near perfect accuracy and 2 shot kills.

I'd also like to see more multi-national units involved, and other, less well known Special Forces without going into the realms of fantasy. (TF141 was utter shit). For example, USAF Pararescue, Spanish UOE, British non-SF (Marines, and Para's especially), CIA SAD, MI5 Agents, ANA Commando's, US Delta Force, Spetznas etc. Too often they're seen as the bad guy. Would be interesting to see their use in this.

Perhaps I'd also like to see some use of other games - for example, HAWX to produce a new level representing you calling in air support from fast air (after disabling SAM sites, but to take out a hard target that the SF on the ground can't deal with. More "Riding Shotgun" moments as well - I loved sitting in the Helicopter when assaulting the Gulag picking off dozens of the bastards.

As for Perks, I hate them. Really drag down a game. However, having huge amounts of upgrades and actual effects in game - for example, a Century Mag weighs about 2Kg - could weigh down a guy so that he has shorter Sprints.

As for a weapon, a mate of mine in the Navy Divers showed me this beauty he'd been reading about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_Und..._Assault_Rifle

I'd like to go running around with a Nailgun. Out of water, its fairly innacurate, heavy, and in water, it's not particularly maneuverable. But it could be fairly interesting. Challenge? Get a Longshot with an APS =D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode