Gamepad Woes - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-10, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Default Gamepad Woes

First, I'd like to say that console fanboys need not read further. I'm merely a guy looking for a comfortable gamepad. Nothing else. So if you insist on saying 'Console A is shit!' you can GTFO and find someone who gives a cybernetic donkey dick about such inconsequential opinions.

If you are not a fanboy, I apologize for that. Anyway...

I'm considering buying a PS3, but I have a problem. Having primarily played the Xbox consoles, I find the PS3 controller to be in conflict with my muscle memory and I find the L2/R2 buttons as well as the analog sticks to be very awkward for FPS games such as MAG.

So far my search for solutions has yielded no result. Therefore I ask if any of you guys have any ideas or recommendations for this problem beyond simply getting used to the controller, getting a good gaming PC or sticking with the Xbox. I've heard of marketed Xbox-like gamepads for the PS3 from several people but haven't been able to find any on the net aside from custom creations.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-30-10 at 09:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 11:39 PM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

I have two items you could look into as I am also used to Xbox 360 controllers. However in the end I didn't buy these so I can't tell you how good they are.

If you have PS2 controllers and your fine with them then try this:
http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/PC...+ps3+cntroller

However if you like 360 controllers try this:
http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/Pl...ps3+controller

Or alternatively if your cheap like me just stick with the PS3 controller, after a while you'll get used to it like anything else.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-10, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Thank you, Daniel Harper. I was beginning to suspect nobody would reply to this unusual thread. I'll consider your second suggestion heavily since it appears to have been designed specifically to resolve my issue.

I had also discovered the so called 'Boomerang' controller that was revealed with the PS3 prototype, which appeared as though it would be very comfortable to use despite how unusual it was. Too bad they thought it was too much of a radical design change to market.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm still all ears. However my objective with this thread has been very much accomplished.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-10, 11:13 PM

Wusword77's Flag is: USA

If you want to go with a gaming PC you can purchase a wired 360 controler by microsoft (which are no longer produced so you must buy them used). or, if you want wireless this.

Or if you to make the ps3 triggers better I use these. They work great.

Hope these help.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-10, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for showing me the trigger upgrades, Wusword77. I'll consider them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode