Call of Duty: Black Ops, first impressions... - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 10:45 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

As standard I mute everyone except friends only. And even then for the most part we're in the same room or building so muting them will only make them shout louder.

Flamethrower - Can I hear Gimmick?

Chopper GUnner is decent - although I never undertood though why the Hind (and Harrier) on MW2 had a Chin Turret (it fires on Axis), while the Apache can hold down fire for more than 5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 10:58 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

The Flamethrower seriously sucks, it should stop the person shooting if it hits him, atm if you use a flame thrower on someone and they are looking at you, you'll definately get mowed down before your flames take effect.
post #73 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 08:43 PM

I don't have much trouble using the Flamethrower attatchment. I've gotten a few tripple kills with it, actually, but I think it should do more immediate damage. Usually I use it to storm an occupied building with satisfactory results. Surprise is key, but if you go toe to toe with someone who knows you're there from the start... Survival is far from certain. Using it out in the open is suicide, which goes without saying.

When you burst through a doorway to a confined space and start spraying fire everywhere, people tend to go ape shit and spray bullets everywhere. Combined with a flashbang and perhaps a buddy or two, it's effective in taking buildings the fun way. I think the range is fine, but again, damage could be better.

Also, the pilot flame is easy to hear in close proximity to someone with a flamer. So people with good ears/speakers tend to hear enemies before they see them. Especially in an urban map.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-15-10 at 08:46 PM.
post #74 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 10:45 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I just finished the campaign, and I pissed my self laughing after the credits with Nixon, Kennedy and Castro sitting around drinking before the zombies attack. The multiplayer is only ok, not as good as MW2, but a lot better than the company's last outing with World at War.

KF's Journey Through His Plastic Crack Addiction. 40k, Flames of War, Bolt Action, and more.

01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01100100 00100001
post #75 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 11:15 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Got the first taste of noob tubing today..

Played against a whole 'clan' of 5 today, all noob tubing with scavenger.

The guns are just lame on Black Ops; So far I've only found 2 that are relatively OK - Being the Enfield (Scar-H equivalent) and the AK74u (Pretty much a p90).
Sniping is ruined, I really dislike not being able to quickscope. The Perks are kind of shitty, glad they got rid of some though.

I am sick of RC cars.

However, despite every aspect of the game sucking compared to MW2 (In my opinion) I'm finding it intensely entertaining, and I cannot explain why. - Level 29 now.

ALSO: Is there any way to view your OVERALL K:D - or can you only see your KD in Team Deathmatch Leaderboards, and for the last 8 games (Or however many you can see on your player card)

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #76 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-15-10, 11:58 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
Got the first taste of noob tubing today..

Played against a whole 'clan' of 5 today, all noob tubing with scavenger.

The guns are just lame on Black Ops; So far I've only found 2 that are relatively OK - Being the Enfield (Scar-H equivalent) and the AK74u (Pretty much a p90).
Sniping is ruined, I really dislike not being able to quickscope. The Perks are kind of shitty, glad they got rid of some though.

I am sick of RC cars.

However, despite every aspect of the game sucking compared to MW2 (In my opinion) I'm finding it intensely entertaining, and I cannot explain why. - Level 29 now.

ALSO: Is there any way to view your OVERALL K:D - or can you only see your KD in Team Deathmatch Leaderboards, and for the last 8 games (Or however many you can see on your player card)
Press Y I think and change the filters to all time.
post #77 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 04:51 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Well if anyone wants to play im looking for a good team to back me up lol! im playing as Ibram Gaunt , Hey shut up! its funny the fact the m16 looks like a lasgun! (Also no one has got my joke clan tag yet...Tfao....Tanith first and only)
post #78 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 07:24 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
Sniping is ruined, I really dislike not being able to quickscope
easily the best change in the game, now all the little quickscoping assholes have to learn to use a sniper rifle, like a sniper rifle.

post #79 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 08:48 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

tbh i hate quick scopeing too, it took the piss in MW when some prick with a barret .50cal could out shoot you when you have an assult rifle or an smg. people say quickscopeing takes skill, maybe it does on the pc where theres no aim asist, but on the crapbox and piss3, no its just a cheap shot for wankers and G18 arseholes

post #80 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-16-10, 02:13 PM

I fucking hate aim assist on console games. It's always there, even in games with the option to turn it 'off'. Nothing is more annoying than when you're about to long range some guy laying down serious fire on your team and some random douche sprints past the doorway, dragging your crosshair with him.

I don't need aim assist. Every game I've ever played online that has it, the damned thing does more harm than good time and time again.

As far as how this game places in the series, I'd have to say it reminds me a lot of MW1 which was my previous favorite. The maps in MW2 were horrendously lopsided IMO, making it a pain in the ass to get anywhere and putting some teams in an immediate spawn trap. A parapalegic monkey with downs syndrome could scribble a more balanced set of maps. The ones in Black Ops, aside from the enigma that is Nuketown, seem to be fairly laid out.

Weapon balance in Core playlists are pretty iffy, though. Shotguns seem to only tickle at point-blank range and SMG's seem capable of one shot kills at times. Compare this to Assault Rifles which seem like nerf guns... Bah... I just don't understand why the developers thought it necessary for people to require MULTIPLE headshots on a target before killing them. If you shoot someone directly in the noggin, they're going to go down.

Looks like Fallout: New Vegas is going to empty my wallet instead of Black Ops. The multiplayer action is great, of course, but I don't want to waste cash on a game that 'won't be fashionable' in 2011 when the next CoD title rolls off the assembly line.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode