Call of Duty: Black Ops, first impressions... - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 05:07 PM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
Honestly, reading all these posts, i don't understand all the hate for this game. The campaign blew me away, story was not 'weak' at all. I understood it well. Or is this just some unreasoned hate for Treyarch? "Oh no, they used infinity wards game engine, their games must be shit lol!"

Sorry if i sound a little angry but i found this game to be several orders of magnitude better than Modern Warfare and World at War, as did a few of my mates.
I love Treyarch, WaW was one of my favortie CODS. I just think they need to step out of IW's shadow on the SP because it felt like all the others and was a boring at start. Saying that aside from the hit detection issues and RC's cars they dominated the MP. Like i said, maps are well desgined, killstreaks are balenced, perks are cool, and theres plenty of guns. For MP i have to give it to Treyarch for making a more balenced game out the start.

I was dissiponinted by SP, but i in no way hate Treyarch (plus Zombies...o the Zombies .)

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...

Last edited by CursedUNTILLDEATH; 11-13-10 at 11:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedUNTILLDEATH View Post
maps are well desgined
I believe that you forgot that Nuketown is all but well designed or balanced... God... The only thing needed for a kill is a noobtube and a semtex... And a mortar strike will usually kill around ten people... And a Chopper Gunner will usually end the game...

Nothing more, peace mate

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #53 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 06:30 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I personally think its shite and have already taken back my copy. The graphic are horendous, looks like something from 2005, MW1 looks better, nevermind MW2. The majority of guns are shit, and they look they've tried to add as many possible attatchments as they can to try and draw people in, a flamethrower? really?? and then theres that RC car, which is the biggest joke ever. Nuketown has to be the worst map i have ever seen in a game.

In general i hated it, and for me it utterly failed. Infinity Ward are clearly the better half of COD imo, by a very long way
post #54 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 06:49 PM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
I believe that you forgot that Nuketown is all but well designed or balanced... God... The only thing needed for a kill is a noobtube and a semtex... And a mortar strike will usually kill around ten people... And a Chopper Gunner will usually end the game...

Nothing more, peace mate
Il admit i haven’t played on that map ...but the ones i did were good. I will have to wait till i get it for a more indepth opinion.

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...
post #55 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-13-10, 10:05 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

I got the game this morning; been playing it loads...

First major impressions; Why do people think it's funny to put cocks on their titles? It's just so gay, I'm sick of 3/4 wankers on this fucking game, thinking it's great fun to put a cock on their title. How fucking pathetic do you have to be?!

Otherwise good game, The Graphics took a beating, but none-the-less enjoyable game - Zombies is brilliant to me (I never owned WaW)

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #56 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 05:53 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROT View Post
I got the game this morning; been playing it loads...

First major impressions; Why do people think it's funny to put cocks on their titles? It's just so gay, I'm sick of 3/4 wankers on this fucking game, thinking it's great fun to put a cock on their title. How fucking pathetic do you have to be?!
about as pathetic as calling everything gay I suppose

post #57 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 08:11 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

Played online today. All i got for 2 hours was high pitched "Fuck this i was lagging, this is a shit game, owned bitch, what the fuck noob" in several different games. I hate the online community...

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.
post #58 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 08:47 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think it's more balanced than MW2, the graphics ain't as good but I can live with them. I like the customisation, despite some of the obvious exploits (like the penis..)

The negatives are the stupid spawning system, nuketown is a blast if you're playing with friends, if not it's pretty tragic but it's still better than Rust on MW2.

I like the amount of guns, each to there own but the Famas is far to strong. I prefer to use LMGs tho as I like to lay down suppressing fire.

Anyway It's more enjoyable than MW2 to me, I'm even starting to like a lot of the maps to.
post #59 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 12:21 PM
ROT

ROT's Flag is: Djibouti

Location: Essex, that shit hole you drive through to get to london.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
about as pathetic as calling everything gay I suppose
Ah, excellent contribution there Stella - Keep up the good work!

The guy who wishes he never sold all his warhammer. Haha. Such is life.
post #60 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-14-10, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFatty View Post
Played online today. All i got for 2 hours was high pitched "Fuck this i was lagging, this is a shit game, owned bitch, what the fuck noob" in several different games. I hate the online community...
Haha. Yeah, man. As a friend of mine put it, if you're going to flip out about something in the game... do it off the mic. What sort of responses do people expect to hear by raging to everyone in the game? I swear I've never muted so many people in my life, even with the people I kept unmuted for the laughs. Shit, we all get frustrated...but damn. Some people sound like they're about to go on a murder spree. We all get pissed when stupid shit happens, but have some courtesy, you know? If I had a fucking nickel...

I don't even bother wearing a mic unless I'm playing with someone over the net, and then it'll be in a private chat. Trying to work as a team in CoD is like trying to reverse gravity by politely asking it to happen.

CoD definitely has one of the worst online communities, I'll give it that as well. Shit talkers are found in every nook and cranny. Have the highest score in a winning game? You'll be shit talked. Have the highest K/Dr in a Deathmatch? You'll be shit talked. Were you dumped in to the game 5 seconds before the match ended? Guess what? You'll be shit talked. Not every time, of course, but anyone who's played a CoD game online for 20 minutes will surely know what I mean.

Oh, and Nuketown? Nuketown seems that it can either be one of the funnest maps in the game or the absolute worst. Most people don't know about spawn control so it's very easy for the match to be reduced to a quagmare of mixed-spawning clusterfucks. It's definitely not a user-friendly map. When everyone is assaulting both houses simultaneously, that's when shit hits the fan and people wind up spawning next to 3 or 4 enemies after getting killed. It's stuff like this that make me laugh when people brag about KDR in Black Ops.

I really don't wonder where the good graphics went, though. Granted it's not distractingly bad online, but after announcing a new Call of Duty title per year, you can't be suprised about this. They already announced a new Call of Duty will arrive next year. They're just going to repackage the same thing with different weapons with a cardboard storyline to entertain people who don't play online. Talk about milking a franchise... THIS is why I'm hesitant to even buy the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
The majority of guns are shit, and they look they've tried to add as many possible attatchments as they can to try and draw people in, a flamethrower? really??
Someone gave you a flamethrower, and you complain about it? As a pyro, I am greatly offended by this statement.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-14-10 at 06:34 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode