Call of Duty: Black Ops, first impressions... - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 07:22 PM

Key words to my previous post are 'So far.'

I'm just biding my time until Hardcore mode is unlocked. I'm sick of shooting people three times in a row in the head with no result.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-10-10 at 07:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 09:17 PM

I'm enjoying the game so far, far better than MW2 and the service from Treyarch is already seemingly better than from IW.

Having to unlock Hardcore mode is my only gripe, although I've been playing hardcore since level 1 anyway by joining freinds games who have already unlocked it so it didn't affect me anyway.

Guns are better, maps are better, killstreaks are better, customization is better, spawns are better (with the exception of nuketown), campaign is better. All of this is just my opinion of course.

As always there are lot of bellends playing the game though, cod seems to attract retards, I've already recieved 3 messages telling me to stop cheating and learn to play the game properly by people who can't handle being beaten.

Regards,
Jake.

Last edited by Red Corsairs; 11-10-10 at 09:20 PM.
post #33 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Corsairs View Post
As always there are lot of bellends playing the game though, cod seems to attract retards, I've already recieved 3 messages telling me to stop cheating and learn to play the game properly by people who can't handle being beaten.
Just 3? I cant read the messages fast enough... Fuck hate mail...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #34 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-11-10, 08:22 PM

I can't count how many times I've popped a shotgun right in somebodies face, hit registration and all, only for them to kill me and for the kill cam to show me not even firing my weapon. This game is just unplayable on anything but a perfect connection. My friends internet connection blows.

I can't wait to get this game for myself so I dont have to put up with that bullshit.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-11-10 at 08:29 PM.
post #35 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 01:21 AM

I don't really like the game, I only do multiplayer as I am not much of a fan of single player games.

There seems a lot less content than in MW2, less weapons perks and equipment. The maps are pretty basic as well. The graphics and the player models seem a little glitchy. It just seems a bit rushed to me. Sadly disappointed.

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #36 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 09:13 AM
Slave to Heresy!

Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Battlefield BC2 is a much better game than MW2 anyway. This'll be just as shit.
post #37 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 10:00 AM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

I haven't bought Black Ops yet, just simply because of lack of time due to other projects, work and family commitments. Now after reading your reviews it gaves me comfort that at the moment i'm not missing too much.

Like a few here, I might get it for a Christmas present, otherwise I might stick to BC2 and MW2.. in that order too!
post #38 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 10:39 AM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

I'll agree, BC2 is still miles ahead, I love that game and will be buying the Vietnam expansion. But Black Ops has its place. As for the level design, I got killed while watching the missile launch.

Also, a piece of information a few of you might be interested in. This update downloaded as I signed into Steam.

Updates to Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Multiplayer
Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser
Performance improvement for dual and quad core systems

post #39 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 11:37 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

the oatchs do work, but only for some it seems. but if your still haveing issues on the PC, try these console commands, they do work as i tried them today.
you can Access the console by hitting the tith key (next to the 1 key)
if you only have 1 graphics card use this command:
/r_multigpu 0
as the default setting is 1 for multi graphics cards
and for some reason the game is set for only useing a single threaded CPU, so to set it for dual and quad core CPU's, use the following command
/r_multithreaded_device 1

hope these help guys

post #40 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-12-10, 12:20 PM

CursedUNTILLDEATH's Flag is: USA

Well played it a bit at a friends, heres what i have to say.
Campaign-Shit. Worse then MW2
Zombies-Fun with a full group.
Mutiplayer-...i felt like i was playing battle feild 2 with less people and guns that suck. Perks are better, but for the love of god half a clip wont kill someone becasue of the hit detection (and my freinds has a 30Mb connection...i have 10...). The care packages are cool, maps are great, and graphics are alright but glad i wont be buying untill they start updating.

"If there is any primarch who should have never been found, its Lorgar. Why? Two words. Hours Hersey"
"It was a 1......why was it a 1!"
Yes, I do play orks, yes, I do have quite a few boys on the table, and yes, it does take me a while to move them...got a problem with that...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode