Call of Duty: Black Ops, first impressions... - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Video Games & Software For the discussion of P.C, Console and Hand Held video games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:20 AM

Citrovc4's Flag is: Australia

Default Its to be expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocakoala View Post
I got the PC verison today. As you may know im not best pleased. It seems they have messed up and made all PC users buy a virtually unplayable game due to the frame rate dropping to 1 or 2. In MP and SP. Hoping there will be a patch in the very near future to sort this mess out. The console versions seem great and i'm sure its a pretty good game.... when it works that is.
This game is actually a console port so you would expect to see a few bugs, kinda reminds me of when Bioshock 2 was released, it was buggy as hell.

Seems most games now days are console ports so I guess the PC gamers will just need to get used to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:57 AM

fynn's Flag is: United Kingdom

i have the game as well, getting a lot of stutter both in mp and sp (mainly in heavy buasy combat), but then im just above the min specs for the game. with anyluck a patch will be out and fix the isses, mainly PC optamiseation.
Oh for pc users, if yuo want to get out of the chair in the main menu, look down at your hands and repeatedly hit the space bar, you can then wonder around the lab (still havent found the dead ops arcade machine yet)

post #23 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 10:25 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Utter shit. Story is warped to fuck, and the only thing I've seen is the L96 abuse.

Treyarch ruined it with their LOL COOOL IF JIMMY WACKER OMG WIKI SOOOO COOOOLLLLL design process.

The Levels are more warped than MoH, and although I'm a MoH fanboy, I'm still in the process of wiping my arse with the CoD manual. Never felt so underwhelmed with a game.

MoH's issues was the lack of length of the game and poor art, but the story was (if a little safe), damn good. THis? Black Ops is like a ching snorting piglett drunk on absinthe having an epileptic fit typing the story. Fucking mental.

And Zombies, nah mate. They're shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #24 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 02:59 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hated it. For Zombies I have World at War but the story mode is so bad I could only play for a little while before I got sick of it.

DO NOT BUY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.
post #25 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 03:06 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

how very strange,
all the boys on the game floor were all pretty much saying it's ok-ish,
yet their magazine gave it a very good review

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #26 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
how very strange,
all the boys on the game floor were all pretty much saying it's ok-ish,
yet their magazine gave it a very good review
Magazines that review games are all pretty much giving the game good scores, but that mostly cause of the fear of doing otherwise...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #27 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 04:14 PM

Call of Duty games have always had heavily flawed stories. After getting some game time in, I didn't bother with campaign after watching the first three levels being played by a friend. It's dreadfully uninteresting, but that's what I've expected.

The big star of CoD: BO is multiplayer, of course. Two player multiplayer splitscreen? Flamethrower weapon attatchments? Miniguns? Pump-action grenade launchers? Black OPs seems to be the perfect game to shoot the shit with and screw around. The player emblem system is 1000x better than the one in Halo: Reach, though if you ask me, the connectivity in BO matchmaking is 1000x worse than Halo: Reach. Games where split second decisions can save your life are left up to chance because you might not of actually shot that guy 3 times in the face despite what the hit registration icons say.

I don't know how many killcams I've seen where people I saw get obliterated with half a magazine of ammo from my weapon magically avoid getting damaged even once and wind up killing me. The bane of having a crappy connection for a game like this, I suppose.

So far, I'm loving the maps and weapons. No weapon seems to have a noteworthy edge over the others, at least for now, and killstreak rewards are set up to help discourage campers as they aren't really overpowered. The care package system now awards players with killstreak rewards not available for purchase like the others are. These include the 'Death Machine' minigun, which makes you extremely slow but a force to reckon with, and a four-barreled rocket launcher people might recognize from Arnies 'Commando' movie.

If you're a fan of CoD's multiplayer environment, you will be pleased with Black Ops. This one is way better than CoD 4 online, and I don't say that lightly. Especially now that there is a challange/reward system much more detailed than Halo: Reach's to encourage teamwork. Something that's been desperately lacking in the CoD franchise, I think we can all agree. I've been overly critical of CoD games, but this one is excellent. Just don't take it seriously. This game series is notoriously glitchy and shaky, but it's a great way to mess around. I usually run around with the flamethrower attatchment like a madman (perfect close quarters anti-camper weapon, btw).

Also: FFS, bring an anti-air launcher. SOMEBODY. I feel like I'm the only guy in the entire game who shoots down helicopters. More points for me, I guess.

Last edited by Holmstrom; 11-10-10 at 04:26 PM.
post #28 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:11 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

None OP'd guns? Eh, try Ninja, Ghost, Warlord/Hardened Pro with a Sniper or Commando SMG.

Christ, the best thing about Cold blooded was you couldn't take Stopping Power. Although there's no damage increase, you can now get a Triple Bodyshot kill with the L96.

LMG's are useless, as are shotty's, pretty much (although not as broken as Sniper Shotguns with Solid Slugs in MoH - the RDS on a Solid Slug M1014 can OHKO someone in the opposite buildings on Kabul).

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #29 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:29 PM

Al3X's Flag is: Spain

I was going to buy it but seeing the comments I think I will spend my money in my new Ultramarines army
post #30 of 156 (permalink) Old 11-10-10, 06:30 PM

Captain Stillios's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
I was going to buy it but seeing the comments I think I will spend my money in my new Ultramarines army
Good Move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
chill out?...CHILL OUT!!!!!!!, THIS IS WARHAMMER, THERE IS NO TIME FOR "CHILLING OUT", WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS?, SOME KIND OF GAME?, THIS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNoPityx View Post
The downside to a medium that allows the unlimited exchange of ideas, some people have some really stupid ideas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > HO Off Topic > Video Games & Software

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode